Azura Caribbean Flights

cruisebore

Yeah its a P&O negotiated allowance as part of the charter of the aircraft or purchase of X amount of seats, so its quite often more than the carrier would allow if you purchased a regular flight.

I'm not sure what happens if you are over 23kg? Maybe the carrier reverts back to its regular public pricing for the overweight luggage surcharge.

I was quite pleased a few weeks back, when after some considerable thought over exactly what to take for the Ventura 14 nighter, we packed all that we needed and came in at 19.8kg for eachof our cases. And thanks to the on board launderette, some of the gear we took was not used in any case.

23kg will be more than sufficient.

I was quite pleased a few weeks back, when after some considerable thought over exactly what to take for the Ventura 14 nighter, we packed all that we needed and came in at 19.8kg for eachof our cases. And thanks to the on board launderette, some of the gear we took was not used in any case.

23kg will be more than sufficient.

Thats good going, on our Ventura 14 nighter we have 3 cases between the 2 of us, all 23kg each and heavy hand luggage!

• 2 weeks later...
ok, its a newer plane, its got bigger windows and lower cabin altitude pressure but its still cattle class!

I think some passengers believe its going to be a great experience compared to flying economy on another charter aircraft - it isnt.

Unless you have flown on a thomson 787, I don't see how you are able to make a judgement, or a statement like that.

Unless you have flown on a thomson 787, I don't see how you are able to make a judgement, or a statement like that.

It's a regular economy airline seat as found on all other economy sections of airlines, it's got regular in flight entertainment, it's got standard economy seat pitch, it's got standard economy seat width.

It's got the same crew who operate other Thomson flights, it offers the same inflight catering as other economy flights. It stocks the same duty free as other flights, the little amenity kit you get is the same as other Thomson long haul flights.

For 9 hours you are going to be sat in a very average economy seat, how do you think it will be so different?

It's a regular economy airline seat as found on all other economy sections of airlines, it's got regular in flight entertainment, it's got standard economy seat pitch, it's got standard economy seat width.

It's got the same crew who operate other Thomson flights, it offers the same inflight catering as other economy flights. It stocks the same duty free as other flights, the little amenity kit you get is the same as other Thomson long haul flights.

For 9 hours you are going to be sat in a very average economy seat, how do you think it will be so different?

My point was unless you have flown on this aircraft it was only an opinion, and the flight time is cut by nearly 1 hour compared with the other aircraft types, about 8hrs 10 mins.

Regards

Martyn

We have flown to the Caribbean most years since 1997 and have found it more difficult to recover from the 'jet lag' year by year. This February we flew to and from Barbados on the Dreamliner and I have never felt better post flight. In fact following our return to Gatwick at 5.00am I drove home, it takes about 3 hours, without a single stop. It may have been a coincidence but I know how much better I felt.

We have flown to the Caribbean most years since 1997 and have found it more difficult to recover from the 'jet lag' year by year. This February we flew to and from Barbados on the Dreamliner and I have never felt better post flight. In fact following our return to Gatwick at 5.00am I drove home, it takes about 3 hours, without a single stop. It may have been a coincidence but I know how much better I felt.

Just how we felt after the return flight to Gatwick, I think we were on the same flight as you.

Regards

Martyn