getting a mdr menu item when not in mdr

TracersQQ

My Mom and I will be on the Breeze, in a few weeks and we have reservations for the steakhouse on the first night. My Moms one and only favorite dessert, on Carnival , is the Creme brule - which is usually served the first night, in the mdr. Is there any way possible to get a serving of Creme brule somehow? On our last cruise, she missed Creme brule night, as well, as she was sick from some bad seafood the night before our cruise and didn't go to the mdr. The second night, she asked our waiter if she could get some and he thought that it wouldn't be a problem, but when he checked he was told no. Any suggestions?

My Mom and I will be on the Breeze, in a few weeks and we have reservations for the steakhouse on the first night. My Moms one and only favorite dessert, on Carnival , is the Creme brule - which is usually served the first night, in the mdr. Is there any way possible to get a serving of Creme brule somehow? On our last cruise, she missed Creme brule night, as well, as she was sick from some bad seafood the night before our cruise and didn't go to the mdr. The second night, she asked our waiter if she could get some and he thought that it wouldn't be a problem, but when he checked he was told no. Any suggestions?

Just a suggestion, but I would talk to the Maitre'd in the MDR and request the Creme Brule for your mother every night in the MDR. Quite often, if it's requested, they will do their best to make sure she gets it every night. There's no guarantee that they will do it, but it's possible, especially if they know ahead of time that she wants it.

Not sure about whether she can get it in the Steakhouse, but it's possible they could make it happen - again, I'd talk to the Steakhouse manager early that afternoon to see if they could arrange it.

Hope it works out for you!

One of our party did this on the first night, we did the steak house and his wifes favorite was the same, he requested she get the creme brule at the steak house, they happily did this and she got it for desert the rest of the cruise. They really do try to keep people happy.

One of our party did this on the first night, we did the steak house and his wifes favorite was the same, he requested she get the creme brule at the steak house, they happily did this and she got it for desert the rest of the cruise. They really do try to keep people happy.

I agree, they like to keep people happy, but there's a chance they may not have any left over. I once was at the DR at lunch, had a fish dish I went ape over. My server asked if I wanted one the next day at lunch. I no sooner entered the DR and she ordered that fish dish for me. Got a few odd looks from my tablemates because it wasn't on the menu for that day.:D

On a b2b our waiter figured out how much we liked it and asked if we wanted the rest of the cruise. We said YES! :D On our second leg we requested to be at the same table. After the first night we were served it every night of the second leg too! :eek: lol Bless his heart he thought he was really doing us a favor. But after 5-6 nights straight we were kinda getting weary of it, but we ate it every night since he was so happy about serving it to us. Just be careful what you ask for.......

Have a great cruise!

Kat