Wine... but not?

VtRhyno

So I'm aware you can bring 2 bottles of wine per cabin. I'm also aware that's the only thing you can bring on per the rules. We have a local hard cider producer who packages the cider in wine bottles.

a374a145bbce5960bef6185bb6eb66f7.jpg

Anyone have a guess as to where that would fall? Not trying to start a fight here, just wondering if these are legit.

... sorry about the giant picture, hopefully that isn't flagged as advertising... it isn't mean that way.

Edited by VtRhyno
appologies?

My experience taking wine on board is that you would have no problem. They appear to be looking for liquor and just give the bottles a cursory look.

You could also argue that cider is apple wine. :)

Edited by jbond

You probably would be OK as it seems to be more frequently considered a wine (v beer), but a phone call to RCI may not hurt to see what they think. Then again they may not know either. :rolleyes: But IMO you would likely not have any issue at security as it looks like wine v liquor or any other prohibited alcoholic item.

Edited by leaveitallbehind

They don't look that close and if you wrap them in bubble wrap and put them in a wine cooler bag . They will look just like 2 bottles of wine and should slip right through no questions asked. I know people that have taken 2 bottles of port on. The bottle looked just like bottles of red wine.

Cheers

Our last trip on the Allure we had one bottle of wine and a bottle of sparkling wine. The sparkling wine was in a bottle that was a different shape then wine normally. It's normal for sparkling wine if you're familiar with those. They were both 750 ml but they pulled us aside during the security process to look at the bottles to make sure they were only 750 ml. Then we were on our way with both bottles. I can't imagine that since they're 750 ml it will be a problem.

In March, our bottles of wine were carefully inspected and logged, maybe because of spring break, though we did not have a lot of college age people on that specific sailing. I think that man would have noticed if it had been some other alcoholic beverage.

In July, bottles were checked, but it was cursory look, probably mostly making sure corks seemed intact. that time I'd guess hard cigar in wine style bottle might well have gone aboard.