Transportation from HOU to Bayport?

JennyLou97

I recently booked NCL Jewel from Houston to Cozumel/Belize City/Roatan Bay -- and am now trying to find the most affordable and reliable transportation from Houston Hobby Airport to the new Bayport Cruise Terminal? Does anyone have any suggestions?

We are sailing in April 2015

I recently booked NCL Jewel from Houston to Cozumel/Belize City/Roatan Bay -- and am now trying to find the most affordable and reliable transportation from Houston Hobby Airport to the new Bayport Cruise Terminal? Does anyone have any suggestions?

We are sailing in April 2015

We're on the Jewel this November and discovered that finding affordable transportation in Houston can be an issue. There are 6 in our party so we ended up going with a private transportation company. You can take a taxi from the airport, arrange transportation through NCL, or do an internet search of local private transportation companies to see what their charge would be.

Forgot to mention, if you haven't already done so, make sure you join your Roll Call. They'll be able to let you know what transportation they're using which will help you decide what you want to do. Have a great cruise!!!

Sent from my XT1080 using Forums mobile app

We are flying into Hobby the day before and have booked the NCL pre cruise hotel deal. It's $178 for the 2 of us including transportation to the pier. I called the hotel directly.....Courtyard Houston Airport, to check the rates. They told me it was $60 to take a taxi from there to the pier. We figured the hotel and transportation on our own, would total more.

We flew in the night before our (Princess) cruise and booked a hotel near the airport that had a free shuttle. Spent the night at the hotel then took the shuttle back to the airport the following morning and boarded the Princess shuttle to Bayport. It seemed to be a lot less hassle than staying near Bayport and still needing transportation from the hotel to the terminal.

I booked Super Shuttle to pick us up at Hobby Airport for transfer to the Best Western Plus in Seabrook. The hotel offers free shuttle to Bayport Cruise Terminal as it is only 4 miles from the hotel. Upon return Super Shuttle will again pick us up at the cruise port and transfer us to Bush Intercontinental Airport. No worries and no waiting for the NCL shuttle bus to fill up before heading out.

The Bayport Cruise terminal is a bit inconvenient for those traveling into the state by air.

I never recommend taking the cruise line's transfers normally it is just as easy to take a taxi or limo service but in Houston after doing research myself I went with taking transfers from NCL.

The Houston ports are quite a ways from either airport (IAH or HOU) and traffic is generally miserable all the time (except maybe in the dead of night).

Thus it does make sense, in Houston, to use the ship transfer if you want the easiest thing to arrange.

Beyond that, check on the North American Home Ports board, under Gulf Coast Departures.

• 1 month later...
We're on the Jewel this November and discovered that finding affordable transportation in Houston can be an issue. There are 6 in our party so we ended up going with a private transportation company. You can take a taxi from the airport, arrange transportation through NCL, or do an internet search of local private transportation companies to see what their charge would be.

Can you share the name of the transportation company you found and how much it cost?

I am struggling with finding a shuttle that can take 7 of us from a hotel close to Houston Hobby to NCL Jewel in two weeks....would love any info or direction!

thanks!

If you aren't loaded down with lots of bags, Uber is a good way to go. A regular uberX ride is billed at $30-40 from Hobby. We used Uber black car service and it was $90, but we had bags, a wheel chair and a granny! We taxied back to Hobby Airport and it cost $80 with tip. NCL transfer would have been cheaper for just two people if you don't mind the herd and the waits involved with buses.

Can you share the name of the transportation company you found and how much it cost?

I am struggling with finding a shuttle that can take 7 of us from a hotel close to Houston Hobby to NCL Jewel in two weeks....would love any info or direction!

thanks!

We're using Groundlink.

Sent from my XT1080 using Forums mobile app

Just returned on Saturday on the jewel flew in the day before and used a car service to hotel In seabrook then took shuttle service day of cruise that is affiliated with hotel it was expensive to use car service but it was just two of us and the shuttle to port from hotel was 10 dollars a piece took ncl shuttle arranged through ncl for 30 dollars pp from port to airport bus left at 930 am and to George bush airport in exactly one hour. buses are right outside port and fill up fast going to airport because everyone gets off at the same time kinda