Embarkation day MDR lunch - Island Princess

Illyria

With Island being a smaller ship - can someone tell me if they will still open one of the MDRs for lunch on embarkation day? This is for an Alaska cruise.

I know I can just go to guest services and ask them when I get on board, but if my husband is hungry and there's a long line at GS - he'll just get cranky and want to drag me to the buffet, and I'd rather eat at the MDR :)

With Island being a smaller ship - can someone tell me if they will still open one of the MDRs for lunch on embarkation day? This is for an Alaska cruise.

I know I can just go to guest services and ask them when I get on board, but if my husband is hungry and there's a long line at GS - he'll just get cranky and want to drag me to the buffet, and I'd rather eat at the MDR :)

Not a smaller ship, actually a tad longer then the Grand Class ships.

Just less passengers.

Yes 1 of the DR's will be open for lunch on embarkation day.

Not a smaller ship, actually a tad longer then the Grand Class ships.

Just less passengers.

Yes 1 of the DR's will be open for lunch on embarkation day.

I agree. It's narrower but longer than the Grand-class ships. Same number of decks as many of them. I wouldn't call it "small." A lot fewer passengers for a better cruise experience. Because there are fewer passengers, not as much dining space is needed. Hence the two larger mid-ship dining rooms instead of one large Traditional dining room aft and two smaller dining rooms mid-ship.

Just check the back page of the embarkation day Patter which will be in your cabin when you board.

It will say where the embarkation day lunch is from noon until 1:30 PM.

Don't waste time at Guest Services unless it is to ask to see the Patter. They are likely to insist you go to the buffet.

Sailed on the Island in Aug and the Patter was not clear where the dining was. We just went and indeed one was open. It was about 12:30 and very few eating. Sorry, can't remember if it was the Bordeaux or Provence but they are above/below each other and the forward elevator is right there.