NCL Sky 3 day bahama review

Sinewave4x4

Thanks all. I knew there were some people who didn't like the sky, but I had no idea it had this bad a reputation. A couple more things to add to the review:

• One complaint I just remembered about was the bed. When I laid down I noticed a pretty pronounced sag right where my butt is, but I figured it was just an old mattress. At the end of the trip when I did a final look around to make sure we weren't forgetting anything, I noticed the bed frame was bent a good 6 inches! Well that explains that and no, we didn't bend it :p. Like I said, it takes a lot for me to complain about something.
  • The personal touches that Princess had weren't there for NCL. For example, the room steward never introduced themselves so we never learned his/her name. However, whenever we passed them in the hall, they were always friendly and greeted us with a smile.
  • I was surprised at the number of people who dressed up for the MDRs. Sure there were people in shorts and sandals, but a good percentage dressed up in nice clothes...not suits and ties mind you, but elegant none the less. I wore black slacks and a nice button down shirt while the wife wore a nice patterned dress and we fit right in. I kinda like the freestyle thing where we don't have to eat at a specific time and eat with strangers, but at the same time I missed the personal touch of having the same waiter. We also never had to wait for a table more than a few minutes. This makes me wonder if we had a full ship because some of the reviews have said sometimes the MDRs were full.

How long did it take you to get to Key West from Miami? We're thinking of spending a week in Marathon after our Getaway trip in July.

It's hard to say because we stopped a lot on the way there and on the way back. We're thinking maybe 3 hours. It made for a pretty long day...getting up at 6am, drive for 5+ hours, walk around, drive for 3+ hours again and get back to the hotel at 11pm. But I enjoy driving and the road trip was part of the experience. I'd say the google map estimates are pretty close.

i-Jn8Z3c4-XL.jpg

We are doing the opposite and trying out the Sky as our first cruise before going on an Alaskan cruise next year to see if we like the whole cruising thing.

We really really really enjoyed the alaska cruise. Everything about it was awesome. Even though it rained or drizzled a lot of the time, the ports were cool, the excursions were cool and the scenery was cool. I guess the only thing that could have made it better is if we stayed in a port for more than the day so we could get some fishing in. I think you'll enjoy it, especially if you're outdoorsy.

Sedici wasn't too bad...not cheap but not expensive either. The cost for all the food you see in the picture was $10 per person, and that included OJ or coffee. The waffles were stuffed and when the owner asked me what I wanted in it I just said "surprise me". I think it was just bacon, but it was very good.

I came to the site today hoping to find just what you supplied, only ten times MORE. It's nice to have so much information accompanied with the photos. The adventure on the private island was smart. I want to see that lighthouse now! Those short cruises always worry me and I'm glad to see NCL is doing a great job for us.

Thanks for all your work,

Rita

Great review!

We just got back yesterday from the same 3 day cruise and had the exact same impressions on the cruise.

For anyone who may be going soon though I would like to make 2 quick notes to the review:

1) The comedian was not on our cruise and we had "production shows" every night instead. I don't know if he will be back soon or is no longer there.

2) I am sorry to hear you never met your room steward. We had an interior cabin and met our steward the first day. She was great about touching base with us 3-4 times over the 3 day cruise.

It's hard to say because we stopped a lot on the way there and on the way back. We're thinking maybe 3 hours. It made for a pretty long day...getting up at 6am, drive for 5+ hours, walk around, drive for 3+ hours again and get back to the hotel at 11pm. But I enjoy driving and the road trip was part of the experience. I'd say the google map estimates are pretty close.

Thanks! I did google maps but had heard horrendous things about the traffic! Thanks again :) You have me excited to go - and I think we'll hit that breakfast spot. Nice!

Thanks! I did google maps but had heard horrendous things about the traffic! Thanks again :) You have me excited to go - and I think we'll hit that breakfast spot. Nice!

Well, maybe we had better luck because we didn't go during peak season and it was a monday. Certainly, in the morning we were going against the flow of traffic since we were going away from miami.

By the way, from the outside Sedici doesn't look like much but once you sit down and take in the ambiance place and the charm of the owner, it very much grows on you.