self-service laundry on Disney Magic

tandabuss

I had this question before our cruise, and now that we're back, I can answer it for others. The Magic has 3 self-service launderettes--on the 7th, 6th, and 2nd deck (I think; I know 7th and 2nd are right). The launderette on Deck 7 is a very narrow room with 7 washers and 7 dryers. Use of either costs $2, charged on your KTTW card. There is soap and softeners available in a dispenser for $1 each, also paid with the KTTW card.

DW had an interesting run in with a couple last week when doing laundry on the Fantasy. She went down with kids to do a couple loads and the couple was there. She asked how much longer were their loads since all were in use. The guy says "if you'd get out of the way I could tell you". My DW is very polite and says o.k. and he says 12 minutes.

While they wait the 12 minutes the couple goes back and forth complaining how long it takes to do the laundry and next time they are going to bring some folding chairs with them.

Whilst on magic last year I had finished a load of washing just before r scheduled MDR so being wary of other passengers needing machines a removed my wet clothing, brought it back to cabin with intention of sticking it in tumble drier after our meal. Unfortunately on r return all laundry rooms had been put out of order. When I contacted guest services they arranged to have washing collected and washed & pressed all items free of charge!!!!:)

Oh and thanx tandabuss for ur reply on my question :)

If you just want your stateroom host to take your clothes and have them washed, does that come with the price of the room?

No, if you send your laundry out (dry cleaning also) there is a charge. Here's the laundry list from our last DCL cruise:

2hdtyko.jpg

You can send your clothes for "just pressing" at 50% of the dry cleaning cost.

If you just want your stateroom host to take your clothes and have them washed, does that come with the price of the room?

I guess you were serious in your question!

Unfortunately it isn't included.

The disneycruiselineblog has some information about the laundry facilities here:

http://disneycruiselineblog.com/2013/01/onboard-self-and-full-service-laundry-and-dry-cleaning/

HTH's!

ex techie

Edited by Ex techie