Quality of voice/text/data service on AT&T Cruise Plane

lreinstein

My wife and I are about to depart on an Adriatic Cruise (Celebrity Silhouette) and would like to have some limited text/data while aboard ship. I understand the ship's wifi is expensive and not very reliable.

Does anyone have any experience with the Cruise Packages offered by the wireless companies, specifically AT&T, in terms of quality and reliability?

Thanks

Larry

Calling, Messaging, and Using Data

on a Cruise Ship

Now available while sailing aboard Royal Caribbean

International®, Azamara Club Cruises®, and select Celebrity

Cruises® ships.

Choose from three packages:

Calling only

Calling and messaging

Calling, messaging, and data

The at and t system would still go through the ships connection but do it on phone wifi

So same reliability really as ships one

It is satellite only out there remember

Just buy a package if either the at and t or ship for what you want

I haven't used it but I here it is good

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Do not confuse Cell Phone service with WiFi. The WiFi will cost you approximately 50-60 cents a minute (it varies depending on the package you buy) and can be very very slow. You can also use a Cell Phone and I believe it usually costs about $2.95 a min (my info is out of date so it could have changed). Keep in mind that if you enable data on your phone and leave the phone on (like most do at home) you could rack up hundreds (or even thousands) or dollars in roaming and data charges.

Hank

Edited by Hlitner

I do not think the ATT does go through the ships wifi. Not sure. But as I understand it the ships package is per hour of use and not MB. So a slow connection would cost more. The ATT package gives a limited number of MB, and Texts (includes video texts I think). Also 30 minutes of talk. Seems like it would be easier to control the cost. Larry

I do not think the ATT does go through the ships wifi. Not sure. But as I understand it the ships package is per hour of use and not MB. So a slow connection would cost more. The ATT package gives a limited number of MB, and Texts (includes video texts I think). Also 30 minutes of talk. Seems like it would be easier to control the cost. Larry

I have used the AT&T cruise plan before...and will be using it again for my cruise next week. I feel better to spend the $60.00 just in case. I opted for the 100 texts & 50 min of phone.