Breakaway Inside cabin

lhlm75

Hi,

I am going on the Breakaway from Nov 30-Dec 6, 2014 and My family and I booked a family inside on deck 11. I have been trying to see any pictures of the configuration of the cabin with the beds turned down so I can have an idea of what it looks like. I have two teen sons sharing the cabin and one of them refuses to sleep on the top bunk. I say that because the pictures of the cabin that I was able to see has two beds on the wall. Can some one help, appreciate it.:confused: Thanks!

Hi,

I am going on the Breakaway from Nov 30-Dec 6, 2014 and My family and I booked a family inside on deck 11. I have been trying to see any pictures of the configuration of the cabin with the beds turned down so I can have an idea of what it looks like. I have two teen sons sharing the cabin and one of them refuses to sleep on the top bunk. I say that because the pictures of the cabin that I was able to see has two beds on the wall. Can some one help, appreciate it.:confused: Thanks!

Come over to our roll call for this cruise. Lots of really nice people over there.

We had a regular inside cabin on the Breakaway in March (cabin #11605) and it was very small but manageable for the 2 of us. The family inside is probably a little larger but be prepared for very close quarters. My husband has some pictures on his phone but it's with they beds pushed together.

BTW - we're also on the Breakaway on Nov. 30th.

Hi,

I'd call NCL (or if you used a travel agent, have the agent call NCL) to ask exactly how the bedding works in your specific cabin number. If you are told there are two lower beds (convertable to one large bed) and two Pullmans, you may have to reassess your options.

Would the young man really rather forgo a cruise than sleep in a top bunk? At his age, I'd have been agreed to sleep on a bed of nails if it got me on a wonderful ship.

Edited by Starry Eyes

If he's not helping to pay for the inside room along with you and your spouse - then he can't dictate where to sleep. Now if he was and also paid for his own room on the cruise, well that's a different story. Either that or I just come from stern upbringing.:o I hope he realizes, that one week on the top bunk for vacation is not the same as living the rest of your life on the top bunk at your parents' house. Just saying....

By the way, I"m also on the Nov 30 trip as well.

Edited by maywell

The beds for the 3rd and 4th pax are on the walls over the regular bed(s) I believe, which can be split or combined.

Have you seen these images?

https://docs.google.com/presentation/d/1EPz2U_dLsllZSzuOCPqNXd4Gzdu8GMDhhBE01KPF3Gg/pub?start=true&loop=true&delayms=5000#slide=id.p

HTH

Edited by bear3412

Really just keep the lower beds as twins as it will be too crowded to make the lowers a queen anyway

Trust me you will need the floor space

Put dh up on top if the whiny teen boy can't handle the top but really now what is the kids issue anyway with the top?

I am guessing you booked under a kids sail free promo thus the reason for 4 in an inside. Lol

I am taking my 2 college kids in January at a ridiculously low price for 12 days and yep an inside guarantee.

I would just say "yeah right" if they argued about the top bunk! They would laugh and wouldn't say anything more

They love travel and appreciate it all top bunk bottom bunk pull out couch air mattress they just go with it

I am talking 4 girls ages 13 to 24 who pack minimally and understand how to really travel!!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

• 5 weeks later...

Update:I broke the News to him and showed him pictures. He is "OK" with it now, but he assured me that the next cruise he is paying for his own cabin (Woo Hoo!)he is a big boy 6'1" 250 lbs. He is scared of falling off the bunk, this is something that has been ongoing since he was little. But he is "OK". OMG 55 days to go.