Playa Mia via Taxi?

Matt&Carolyn

Hi! Looking through our Cozumel excursion options, my family is convinced Playa Mia would be the most fun. The cost is my only issue. ;) Booking it on their own website (versus booking through RCCL) would obviously save us quite a lot and I searched and found a taxi would be $16 each way for us (we have 2 adults, 2 kids - 7 & 5). My husband is a little concerned about taking a Taxi in Mexico... any thoughts on the safety of it? How long is the trip? His biggest concern is just making sure we get to the ship on time. I'd love any opinions!

Cabs in Coz are well regulated (something I cannot say about cabs in Philly! :mad:) and the price list to popular tourist spots will be listed near the cab line outside of your pier. It never hurts to confirm the fare with the driver BEFORE you get into the cab. I also verify that the seatbelts appear to be in working order - cabs with cut belts or belts tied into knots I skip and walk to the next one in line.

If there are no cabs waiting when you are ready to return they will call one for you - never had to wait more than a couple of minutes. :cool:

Cozumel is one of the easiest places to catch a taxi by far. Easier than most ports. They are plentiful and you won't have a problem at all. All the beach places there have a system worked out. Usually 90% of the time there are taxi's lined up to take you back. If not, they immediately call one. Playa Mia is only about a 10-15 minute ride. No worries. :)

I have a complete review of our day in Playa Mia from last year, located in my signature line, if you are interested. There are TONS of pictures in it.