Caribbean Princess Photo Review – September 1-6, 2014

shwabob

I was on this cruise . My DW and I had a great time . It seemed like it was a good mix of people on this cruise from highly experienced cruisers (most traveled passenger >1800 days) to newbies.

It was also lively and the CD stated on his last wake show that Skywalkers was open until 3-4 AM most night. My DH and I stayed their until 2AM one night and it was still going when we left.:D

The food was very good overall and the staff was excellent. I really wish I could have stayed on for a B2B or 2 or 3 . :)

Thanks for all the great responses. I'm glad the pics are going over well with the larger size and I'm able to share them with you. I've been up a creek at work since I was out all last week, but should be getting more posted shortly.

Amazing. Did you happen to take pictures of the Patters?

Yes, I've got the patters for the whole voyage and need to get them scanned at work one of these days. They'll probably be posted at the tail end of the review.

Day 2 – Sea Day

This morning we actually woke up around 8am and decided to head down to the dining room for the ‘full breakfast’ since we’d found that it was far superior on Carnival ships. We would later find out that the Lido buffet breakfast actually had a better variety of GOOD food so this was the only day we did MDR breakfast.

Today, we were just looking to take it easy and simply relaxed by the MUTS pool area. We had no problem getting two chairs on the actual pool level and really enjoyed how the pool areas have the water ‘overflowing’ into a beach-ish area. We were able to sit here, have a few strongbows, and soak up the sun without baking in the heat.

We ate lunch at the Horizon Court buffet, with occasional stops at the Trident Grill for burgers, Prego for delicious pizza, and Scoops for ice cream and sundaes (included with our Unlimited Soda and More package). All of the food was excellent and we probably would have ate more had it not started to get cloudy around 4:30pm. At this point we headed in and I did all of my picture taking while the GF started preparing for formal dinner tonight.

Formal dinner tonight was simply amazing. It was refreshing to see other passengers dressed in nice clothing, as on Carnival you’d frequently see people consider their ‘elegant night’ to mean tucking in a T-Shirt to a pair of beaten up jeans. We both had the surf and turf for dinner and found it to be so perfectly prepared to our liking and the service in the dining room to be impeccable.

After dinner, I did visit the Churchill Cigar Lounge and found it to be rather relaxing and welcoming. Despite several cigar smokers (myself included) being in there, the ventilation system was well set up and kept the room from getting smoky or really smelly. Bar service was great, and I was able to relax, socialize, and enjoy a fine cognac and a cigar before spending the rest of the evening up at Skywalkers (which I never got pictures of since I left my camera in the room, bahhhh…)

And here come the pics:

MDR Breakfast Menu:

14998380318_88543dd42b_o.jpg

Aft pool area:

15184582192_972dc81edf_o.jpg

14998390007_ca476a1659_o.jpg

14998283260_d0158c3c54_o.jpg

14998389917_645d105ca3_o.jpg

14998182799_425f27c52a_o.jpg

Thanks .... 30 days and I can't wait.

Looking forward to seeing how the Panasonic waterproof performed for you. Thinking about getting one.

Again thanks for the review.

I thought it was OK...I wasn't the one that purchased it or used it really, but it takes pretty good pics and the GF really liked it. A couple years ago I had an Olympus Tough camera which I gave to my brother in the USAF, and it's survived Afghanistan, Korea, and a few places in between with my brother who's prone to breaking cell-phones every year. I'd get either the Canon D30 (my preference as I'm a Canon guy), Olympus TG-820/830/3 series, and Nikon's got a pretty nice product too. A must get however is a floating wrist strap - search Amazon for "Olympus Foam Float Strap, 202212, Red" - which I really liked as your camera won't end up at the bottom of the pool/lake/ocean if you accidentally lose hold of it.