Footwear--women and men

lovetotraveltx

I don't know if you live near the outlet mall in Houston Tx- but I found the best Columbia clogs -lined- for $15.00- and am on my 3rd. winter with them- also on that trip -at the New Balance outlet- a pair of walking shoes- with some breathing room in them- I wear them spring, summer, fall-, working in the yard, walking trails, and running errands (they need to be replaced now.)- and I did not waterproof them- So- try your outlet malls- get comfortable shoes- that is the most important- Unless you plan to take huge muddy hikes- or jump in the mud puddles- you should be fine.

My raincoat- is an Eddie Bauer- but any nylon/cotton coat, with a hood will work- and after I wash it- I do spray it with waterproofing- You should be able to find spray cans in the hunting and fishing area of your Walmart or sporting goods store.

Thank you. I do go to those outlets!

I was worried about walking on rainy days and whale watching.

I just purchased Keens waterproof hiking boots for women. I live in Massachusetts, so these will come in very handy, for those days that we have rain, slush or low snow. I have been wearing alot lately, very comfortable. I also have Columbia's but they hurt my feet. Not the Keens. They fit just like my keen sandals that I wear barefoot and for 10 long days in Disney World with no problem at all.

So I will bring these, a pair of slip on sneakers that I wear with no socks for onboard, a pair of pumps and maybe a pair of black boots with low heel that comes to the knee, as I wear these with jeans, leggings and if I pick the right the dress, I can wear them with that too, and I will ditch the pumps.

We are doing 6 night land after our cruise, so I will just keep the Keen's with me and maybe sneakers.

Edited by Sheaboys

Have any of you been OK with just waterproofing your sneakers/walking shoes. Is there a waterproofing that is preferred?

Thank you!

I have taken my waterproofed walking shoes and been just fine. Mine are Ryka (leather type, not mesh). Any waterproof product that is sold at a shoe store works just fine --- just make sure to ask if the product is appropriate for your shoes.