New chops menu on Enchantment yet?

thebooth

I had the new menu at Chops on Allure last week. I ate their three times and found it to be outstanding. The mushroom soup and the onion soup are both outstanding. The bacon (pork belly) appetized was utterly decadent. The pan roasted scallop appetizer was a winner as well. I tried both dry aged steaks and was quite pleased. The third night, I had the veal chop and thought it was outstanding. For sides, the Gruyere Cheese Tater Tots, mushrooms, and corn were all exceptional.

I heard a lot of grumbling here before I went, but I think the new menu was one of the best changes I've seen in a long time. All I can say is don't knock it until you try it.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

We were on the Enchantment this past weekend.

We went to Chops the first night. We liked the new scallop appetizer but did not like the new shrimp cocktail at all . The shrimp were very large, were dried out and did not taste like shrimp at all.

We both ordered the filet. What a disappointment

While the meat was cooked perfectly and was very tender, it was like eating a giant, tasteless marshmallow. Did not have any flavor at all..

We had planned on going to chops for all three nights but did not return after the first night.

Sorry for honing in on this post, but.....we are thinking about Enchantment of Seas for next month (4 days to Bahamas) since we are at Disney week before. Never been on any RCI ship, but many Princess and a Celebrity. Would like some info on ship please. Can't find answers on RCI website...

1. Do they offer soda pkg - how much per day.

2. We were thinking of just an inside guarantee room - can you tell me anything about this, like chances of an upgrade?

3. We don't want to take formal clothes. What are our options for eating - is it only the buffet then?

Any info would be appreciated as I'd like to book asap (today?) because of the sale and cheap prices. Before you judge me, we are a group of 11 at Disney for a week which I am paying for so can't budget alot for this trip. I will need it though after a week with 5 grandkids and kids! Thanks

Sorry for honing in on this post, but.....we are thinking about Enchantment of Seas for next month (4 days to Bahamas) since we are at Disney week before. Never been on any RCI ship, but many Princess and a Celebrity. Would like some info on ship please. Can't find answers on RCI website...

1. Do they offer soda pkg - how much per day.

2. We were thinking of just an inside guarantee room - can you tell me anything about this, like chances of an upgrade?

3. We don't want to take formal clothes. What are our options for eating - is it only the buffet then?

Any info would be appreciated as I'd like to book asap (today?) because of the sale and cheap prices. Before you judge me, we are a group of 11 at Disney for a week which I am paying for so can't budget alot for this trip. I will need it though after a week with 5 grandkids and kids! Thanks

Info on beverage packages - the soda package is called Royal Refreshment:

http://media.royalcaribbean.com/content/royal/en_US/pdf/beverage_packages.pdf

Regarding formal night, the dress suggestions are not enforced. You can wear whatever you like.

• 1 month later...

We loved it. Had dinner there our first night. I started with the

Crispy goat cheese salad.

Warm goat cheese, green apple,

candied walnuts, cranberries, balsamic ,

it was so good I could have stopped there. The cheese was perfect.

I also had the scallops, my husband had the crab cake and it was better than the scallops.

He had the 9oz filet and I had tuna. The tuna was so good and loved the sauce it came with. Our waiter Ivan was a sweetie and made it the perfect evening for us. I wanted to eat there again.