How far in advance single supplement dropped?

sshs

I'm sure this has been asked before, but I know that Carnival sometimes drops the single supplement charge on a slower-selling cruise. In your experience, how far in advance of the cruise was it dropped? Much appreciated! (And, if any of my cruising friends see this, it's a logistical issue, not a lack-of-DH issue!)

Vicki

Holding onto hope for our Nov 3rd sailing. While I have a DH that I can't get enough of, he refuses to sail and would likely be a cranky mess the whole time. So taking a much needed holiday with BFF and her hubby but don't want to be their 3rd wheel! We are about 8 wks out. No supplement waivers that far out yet but I've been checking daily! Good luck!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Holding onto hope for our Nov 3rd sailing. While I have a DH that I can't get enough of, he refuses to sail and would likely be a cranky mess the whole time. So taking a much needed holiday with BFF and her hubby but don't want to be their 3rd wheel! We are about 8 wks out. No supplement waivers that far out yet but I've been checking daily! Good luck!

Fingers crossed for both of us, Sweetsforjay!

And thanks for the earlier responses!

I got mine at 3 weeks out for my upcoming trip. It's probably dependent upon how the ship is selling out. If there are an abundance of unsold cabins I'm sure they single supplement will be lifted sooner if it means selling off more cabins. I doubt it would be before final payment, unless as I mentioned ther is an over-abundance of unsold cabins.

I booked in the beginning of June for my upcoming solo October cruise. Most of the rates around that time were for 1As only. So even if they drop the solo supplement, and you are Early Saver and past final payment date, you will not be able to downgrade, and unable to take advantage of the waiver.

So if you're thinking of booking, I would go ahead and get a 1A. You can always upgrade at a later time.