Any weather update for Wonder? Depart Tomorrow

captpeachy

This rings a bell. It's deja vu. From a Sandy sailor. ;)

DCL's ship will be spending two or three wonderful happy filled extra days at sea in the beautiful sunshine off the west coast of the US. ;)

"They are telling the relatives ashore"

NOT Lol.

This is the line fed to those who call. In fact, for a while, this is the line fed aboard, until seas push 30 feet. Lol.

I'm confident the same BS exists to this day unfortunately.

I truly feel for those aboard. These seas could get really big this time. :eek:

May they find solace soon. Whether aboard or ashore.

And may they find the needed forum ashore, such as CC, to share their experiences without ridicule and judgement from us, once back ashore.

May we listen and comfort them, instead of question their first hand experiences. :(

Cruise pax don't generally board intentionally to sail in 30 + foot seas.

In fact the journey can result in PTSD in some pax. Especially those with little kids. Imagine your child being tossed about. It can get spooky.

Everyone says the ship will sail around said storm. So where is the Wonder going to go?

Trackers post the path please.

Best wishes to all at sea out West.

ETA;http://disneycruiselineblog.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/09/DCL-Letter-Odile-Disney-Wonder-EBPC-Itinerary-Change-20140912-375x500.jpg

At least they don't talk about their sunny days at sea, as in the past.

DCL learned a lot in 2012 IMO.

Edited by bear3412

Well, I'm posting from my stateroom on the Wonder. I honestly don't think DCL could have done any more to make the best of a challenging situation. They kept us completely informed every step of the way, indeed steered the ship first to avoid Hurricane Odile and then immediately afterward Tropical Storm Polo, apologized profusely for the inconveniences, jam-packed the extra sea days with activities, and all maintained a positive outlook and attitude throughout.

I'm sure some people will complain, either about missing out on the two Mexican ports, the relatively rough seas, or the fact that safety measures like closing the pools for two days were taken. For my family (and pretty much everyone else I saw on board), we took it all in stride and think we have an even more memorable vacation to reminisce about in the years to come.

DCL has cemented themselves in my book as a class act, professionally-run organization, and top choice for my cruising dollars in the future. They REALLY handled this well!