Boston Hotels--please help

comfortcove

We are cruising out of Boston October2. Staying one post night with an 8:25 flight the next AM. All things considered, would you choose Copley Marriott, Marriott Long Wharf, Hyatt Harborside or Hyatt Financial district? We want good location for seeing Boston, luxury accomodations and Convenience for early flight. Thanks for any insights

Hi- I stayed at Marriott Copley in July. Everything was wonderful. Close to everything. Taxi's and subway close. Beautiful hotel and very clean. I was on the 34th floor and the views were incredible! Breakfast buffet was a feast!!!

Nice sports bar in the hotel and it also connects to the prudential building and a beautiful mall. I was down at the wharf and took a harbour cruise. I did see Marriott Long Wharf which also looked very nice but I did not go inside of it. That hotel is walking distance to Quincey market and Fanuel Hall. Either hotel should be great! Have fun!

Comfort, Out of the hotels that your thinking of. They all are fine but I would stay away from the Harborside Hyatt. Don't get me wrong the hotel is fine except it is at the airport. The others are in downtown. Boston is a very easy city to walk or take the "T" our subway. If you have any other questions, please feel free to ask. I live here.

Willie

About how long would it take to get to Logan in the AM from Marriott Long Wharf, also from Hyatt Regency?? I'll have too much luggage after a ten day cruise, so will take a cab if no shuttle available. Thank you, you are very helpful. Nancy

Nancy, it won't take anytime at all to get to Logan. I believe the Marriott faces the airport. It is right thru the tunnel to the airport, takes no more than 10 minutes. Boston is a beautiful city, so easy to get around, most things within walking distance. We are on the Jewel on the 9/12 cruise, it is coming quickly. Early October is a great time of the year here in Boston, the weather is just getting a little cool and it is sunny.

Happy cruising

Either of the Marriotts will put you in a pleasant location with lots of great shopping, eating, and public spaces nearby. The Copley Marriott is near beautiful Copley Square and Newbury St., with both indoor malls (if the weather's bad) and outdoor strolling and dining in the Back Bay. The architecture in this part of town is glorious. The T stop there is Copley (Green Line) or Back Bay (Orange Line.)

The Marriott Long Wharf has the Aquarium and waterfront parks, and you're across a patch of land (formerly the elevated highway, now halfway to a park) from Faneuil Hall. Nearest T stop is Aquarium, and if you don't have too much in the way of bags, you can take the T two stops to Airport and transfer to a bus that takes you to the terminal. (On edit: I see you have too many bags to do this. The cab trip will be insanely quick.)

Long Wharf is closer to the airport, but Copley isn't very far, and if you're leaving at 6:30 AM it won't take you more than 15 minutes from either location.

I don't know the Hyatt in the Financial District, but I don't think it's the best location for sightseeing. It feels a bit like downtown Manhattan and there isn't much in the way of restaurants after nightfall. Forget shopping.

P.S. I am not a Marriott employee, but I have the pleasure of working at Copley Square and love the neighborhood.

I like the Langham too. I am from Boston. I would not stay at the Copley Marriott unless I was in Boston to shop. I agree the architecture is nice near Copley however it is as nice if not nicer near Long Wharf.

Out of the hotels you mentioned I would stay at the Marriott Long Wharf. Very close to the airport. The Marriott Long Wharf is right near Faneuil Hall, Boston's North End (wonderful Italian food) and the Freedom Trail. Very historic area.

It just depends on what you want.

Have you consider either of the Ritz Carltons or The Four Seasons?? They are located near the Public Garden and Boston Common.

You are all very kind and helpful. I attempted to book Long Wharf Marriott, and was told they wouldn't take points for October. So, it looks like the Copley Marriott. If it is only 15 minutes or so from the airport that is good. Last time I took a cab to the airport in Beantown the Big Dig was in full swing, and it was very hard to get there. Those other hotels are great I'm sure, but rates range from about $280 to $500 that night, so it is a good time to use points and just pay taxes. Using points our choices are limited to Hyatt or Marriott. Thanks so much, and happy cruising to you all. I love Boston, have visited there a number of times, mainly in college. We look forward to a great 24 hours there.

15 minutes if everything goes well and there's no traffic, which I'd expect that early in the morning. Not an unreasonable distance even if there is traffic but allow time for problems. I don't want to scare you, but I would hate to be the cause of overconfidence.

Just about every aspect of the Big Dig is complete as far as driving is concerned. They've stopped changing the lane structures and exits every three weeks so the cabs are having an easier time finding their way around. :)

Called the rewards # to book the Copley, inquired about the Long Wharf and they let me book it with points. YES! Deluxe king room with breakfast. Rate would be $399, so this is a good use of points. Can't wait to visit your great city, and thanks for your help. Everything looks so positive for this cruise, last week we got a $400 rate reduction and an upgrade from a balcony to Jr suite just by calling RCI. I have never had anything like that happen before. Happy sails to you all!

Nothing is really close to the port. There is a Seaport Hotel which is new, nice, and by far the closest hotel to the seaport, but the neighborhood is still being developed so you're kind of in the middle of nowhere. It's not walking distance, even from there. The cruise terminal is at one end of the port and the area between that and the city proper is not appealing, if not actually dangerous.

Any other hotel will be, at best, a short cab ride ($10). The Financial District and Aquarium/Waterfront areas are closest to the port. Hotels in Back Bay, Beacon Hill, or anything advertising itself as Downtown aren't in an unreasonable location either. Also, airport hotels are pretty close because of the tunnel.

Thank you for your quick reply. I just booked the Club Quarters (3 1/2 stars) through hotels.com for $119/night. I sure hope it is ok. The address is 161 Devonshire St., between Milk and Franklin). I have stayed in a Club Quarters before and they are very nice...rooms even remind me of a cruise cabin!

Thank you for your quick reply. I just booked the Club Quarters (3 1/2 stars) through hotels.com for $119/night. I sure hope it is ok. The address is 161 Devonshire St., between Milk and Franklin). I have stayed in a Club Quarters before and they are very nice...rooms even remind me of a cruise cabin!

9/12 - that is a Monday. You will be in the heart of the Financial District.

You are not too far from the terminal but the Big Dig still comes in to play.Don't let the cabbies take you on a ride. Not much around for entertainment but very safe area. There are a couple of places to eat, but do not know if they are open on a Sunday. Once place you may like is called Elephants & Castles. They are right there - English Pub atmosphere. You are also a close walk to the Fanueil Hall area with plenty of shops, etc.:) Let us know if you have any other questions.

You are right about the size of the rooms tho - I stayed in one in NYC and it took me ten minutes to figure out where the bathroom was. I thought is was my closet and didn't open the door.:D

Archived