Sovereign or Majesty?

Which is better? We'll be traveling with 4 kids (ages 4 and three 12 yr olds). We'll be 3 adults too and we plan on getting two seperate cabins. Is the rehab of the Sovereign nice? We've been on her before (not with the kids), and liked her a lot and LOVED coco cay.

Because the Soveriegn has been refurbished and the Majesty hasn't I would choose the Soveriegn. We haven't cruised her, but have the Majesty. Although she is a nice ship expecially for an older model the cabin size drove us up the wall. I am not certain if they are much bigger on the Sovereign. I can't imagine 4 in one of those cabins. Good luck regardles and I am sure you will enjoy the cruise regardless of which you choose. NMnita

Cabin size is the exact same on both ships-- TINY!!

Sovereign's refurb is nice but I've heard great things about Majesty from recent cruisers. My last time on Majesty was 1995 for the 7 night W. Carib cruise and yes we had 4 adults in a tiny outside cabin on deck 3 for an entire week!!

The Majesty gives you 3 ports in 4 days which we preferred for our March 2006 cruise.

You can check out pics of the Sovereign post refurb at my webshots link below. Bonnie Voyager also posted recent pics of the Majesty on webshots as well and she's looking good for her age-- Majesty that is :-)

Majesty has a port every day of the cruise, while Sovereign has one sea day.

Sovereign has been refurbished, Majesty has not (though it still looks nice).

Which of these aspects are most important to you on this cruise?

And don't forget to check for any price difference.

I'm mostly concerned with the kids. I have heard that the Sovereign has had it's AO completely redone. We will be traveling with three 12 yr olds and I'm mostly concerned about them having enough to do. Is it true that there isn't a cinema on her anymore?

We were on the Majesty in June. I felt she showed her age ALOT! Entertainment was just ok. I felt the staff was just ok as well! We wonderd if the newer the ship the better the crew and entertainment??? Maybe you'll have better luck with the souverign. Good Luck!!!

Twinsplus1: Just returned from the Majesty. RDeagazio hit on the head, she looks great for her age!!! Is there an occational area that shows wear, of course! We did not go looking for it and it did not affect our cruise if we saw it. While this ship is older, the crew is very seasoned. In fact, we were supprised how long some of the crew had been around.

Learned from the crew, Majesty is in for an extensive rehab in 2006. Will be numerous changes including adding additional cabin space and the removal of the cinema. No date was given for this.

Hope this helps.

Bruce

• 2 weeks later...

Sovereign Sovereign Sovereign!!! :D

We've sailed both in the past year, and while I certainly enjoyed our Majesty cruise, the Sovereign just dazzled us. The refurb is really a work of art. I'm sure you would enjoy the Majesty as well, however.

FYI, they did show some movies on the Sovereign in one of the conference rooms. I suppose that would depend on availability -- if they have a business group on board who needs them, for example.

Have fun on whichever you choose! :)

Did both of these cruises this year and I would pick the Sovereign. That decision is purely due to the enhancemets of the ship in the recent dry dock. Both cruises were wonderful everything on these two ships I would rate the same other then the ship it self, the improvements push me over to Sovereign.

Archived