AMA Yangon 2015

Kappy65

There are two reviews of the AmaPura on the Review Section of the Cruise Critic. One reviewer states that the boat is not up to the usual Amawaterways standards. It was already looking like it needed refurbishing.

Poor quality workmanship. This is only a month out. What will it look like by the end of the season?

But, the important thing was that the tour itself sounds good, and also the food rated high.

Thanks so much - looks like they put together quite a nice venue. I read your other posts also - sounds like overall a good experience. Any last minute suggestions for clothes... other items

thanks

Kappy 65

Bring lots of shirts. It can get quite hot and you might feel sweaty. Of course you could always have laundry done on the boat and reduce the number of clothes in general.

For the women travelers: bring some extra toilet paper and some paper towels. I found a lot of the facilities were lacking in those two items. Sometimes there was cold water to wash one's hands, but no soap or paper towels.

• 3 weeks later...
Please let us know how your cruise went!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I absolutely fell in love with the country - while there are some amenities lacking - and the ship needs to tweak some things - overall the experience exceeds the missing things. Remember..... crisp new bills!!! they examine all American $ and often reject - even tho' I had my master card approved prior to leaving it didn't work -lucky I had enough cash. They like Visa better...

More to follow