Are OK and OX on the Star interchangeable when comparing rates for OBC?

oregonian123

Hi,

I wondered since they are both called: Obstructed Oceanview.

We booked OK and now the OX is $220 less per person for our sailing in November and we are past Final Payment.

1. Would we have a shot at getting some extra OBC or does the reduction in fare need to be on the OK rate only?

2. Also, does it make any difference that we originally booked it as 1A (family inside) and the promotion at that time was a free upgrade to Obstructed Oceanview.

Thanks.

1. OK is a higher category that OX, so no, they are not interchangeable.

2. Yes, it does make a difference when you have gotten a free upgrade, price differences are not looked at what your category would have costed you but instead what you have actually paid. You have paid for IA (not 1A) cabin, that is the only price you can compare to at the moment.

OBC is generally not given after final payment. One can call and ask, but under the terms of contract one is not entitled to OBC. If given at all, the OBC given is usually small.

By NCL's system, OK is a higher category that OX.

Having already gotten an upgrade only complicates the discussion.

Three strikes?

Hi,

I wondered since they are both called: Obstructed Oceanview.

We booked OK and now the OX is $220 less per person for our sailing in November and we are past Final Payment.

1. Would we have a shot at getting some extra OBC or does the reduction in fare need to be on the OK rate only?

2. Also, does it make any difference that we originally booked it as I1 (family inside) and the promotion at that time was a free upgrade to Obstructed Oceanview.

Thanks.

Editing to show we booked I1. Sorry.

OBC is generally not given after final payment. One can call and ask, but under the terms of contract one is not entitled to OBC. If given at all, the OBC given is usually small.

By NCL's system, OK is a higher category that OX.

Having already gotten an upgrade only complicates the discussion.

Three strikes?

Thank you for your response that OK is higher than OX.

I had a typo in my first post. We paid for I1 and got an upgrade to OK then.

I see now that I would need to look for I1 pricing and then there is no guarantee that I could get any OBC. Thanks.

1. OK is a higher category that OX, so no, they are not interchangeable.

2. Yes, it does make a difference when you have gotten a free upgrade, price differences are not looked at what your category would have costed you but instead what you have actually paid. You have paid for IA (not 1A) cabin, that is the only price you can compare to at the moment.

Thank you for your response that OK is higher than OX and for your clarification that I need to look at what I booked (which was actually I1, I had a typo in my first post. )