Who Does Formal Nights?

AmandaF

Do you participate in formal night?  

120 members have voted

1. 1. Do you participate in formal night?

• I participate in formal night
    • I don't participate in formal night

We will be taking an Alaskan Cruise next July on the Princess Line. We have taken several Caribbean Cruises with Carnival. We have done the formal nights with Carnival before except for our last cruise, when we decided we just didn't want to go to the trouble. It was no big deal on Carnival, we just hung out by the pool and ate pizza, lol. It was great, it wasn't crowded for once. I'm not sure if this will go over well with Princess? Does everyone do the formal nights on Princess? How many of y'all does the formal nights and how many doesn't?

Being a tradie i dont get to dress up for my work so i quite enjoy the formal nights. Not your cup of tea? simple, just go to the buffet on formal nights. Our last trip was on sea princess to new zealand and they had a great little italian cafe that served good pizzas and a selection of pasta dishes. we only ate lunch there ourself but others dined there and were very happy with the food. And its free!!

4. Fine restaurants are increasingly going casual, and you're hard pressed to find a fine dining establishment on land insisting on true formal attire.

And you know I suspect that is exactly why so many people want it to continue onboard. It is really not available to them most of the time.

I wear a suit and tie and other fancy stuff every day, I wear a Tux a number of times a year, once it was a thrill to put it on, that's no longer the case, nor is it a chore. I just don't get why so many hate it, I don't usually take a Tux on a cruise but a lightweight suit takes up no more luggage space that a pair of pants and a jacket, pullover or the like.

Edited by GUT2407