transportation for family of 6 mco to port canaveral

sun&sea

I have been doing some research on transportation options for DH and I and 4 kids. I keep reading how cheap it is to rent a car from mco, etc. However, when I check all the car companies, it is difficult to find anything under $180/day for a mini van. Even economy cars are expensive. This is for next March. Am I missing something?

I did find a rental at Dollar for $58, plus a $50 drop off fee. However, it did not seem convenient to the port. Can anyone confirm this?

Thanks,

Janet

I have been doing some research on transportation options for DH and I and 4 kids. I keep reading how cheap it is to rent a car from mco, etc. However, when I check all the car companies, it is difficult to find anything under $180/day for a mini van. Even economy cars are expensive. This is for next March. Am I missing something?

I did find a rental at Dollar for $58, plus a $50 drop off fee. However, it did not seem convenient to the port. Can anyone confirm this?

Thanks,

Janet

I use Avis all the time, and typically pay $70 plus taxes for a minivan. However, I checked for next March and they want $195. I'm guessing jacked up prices due to spring break.

Besides Executive VIP I would also check with Cocoa Beach Shuttle. ;)

Car rental prices usually drop the closer to your dates as managers try to match reservations with inventory - book something now that you can live with and then keep shopping. Good luck! :)

Thanks,

Janet

Dollar is fine, they shuttle you back to port. Drop luggage first, less hassle on the shuttle

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Forums mobile app