Beware of purchasing local tours

vache

We were on the train last week and it was a $100 a person. It was a 2+ hour train ride, unlimited pina coladas, rum punch, soda and water, a cookie, a singing group and a lot of great info about the island. There was also a 45 min bus tour back to the port. It was definitely worth the money.

I'm not sure what your issue is with St. Kitts but it is a beautiful island with very friendly people. I always look forward to returning there. If you don't leave the port area it would just be your loss.

I don't have issue (yet:rolleyes:) I never been there, but reading reviews about pushy vendors and not too safe streets make me thinking :)

I don't have issue (yet:rolleyes:) I never been there, but reading reviews about pushy vendors and not too safe streets make me thinking :)

If you feel a little uncomfortable or uneasy about St. Kitts, you can always take one of the ship's excursions. We encountered a few vendors on Frigate Bay and politely said no thank you and they walked away, they did not hassle us at all.

Our first two visits to the island, we did ship excursions to get a feel for the island. Now we feel very comfortable doing our own thing, either take a taxi to a beach or a tour with Mr. Grey. It would be a shame to stay on board in St. Kitts and not see this island, people are very friendly and we're looking forward to going back in January. Mr Grey is very highly rated on TripAdvisor.

http://www.tripadvisor.com/Attraction_Review-g147375-d1639418-Reviews-Grey_s_Island_Excursions-Basseterre_St_Kitts_St_Kitts_and_Nevis.html