Anyone have any comments or pictures of Secret harbor beach resort!

crazycruzer68

Take a look around this forum, you'll find tons of threads on SH on the first few pages!

You can find pictures on tripadvisor and by googling. Why did he recommend it, what are you looking for in a beach? How busy a day are you in port?

Edited by blue_water

He wants us to have as close to a secluded beach day as possible, which means that somewhere he gets something from SH for bringing guests there! That's great I don't want to be packed on a beach somewhere but we are the only ship in port that day.

We are looking for somewhere that has food and drinks, restrooms good snorkeling and some shade.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

He wants us to have as close to a secluded beach day as possible, which means that somewhere he gets something from SH for bringing guests there! That's great I don't want to be packed on a beach somewhere but we are the only ship in port that day.

We are looking for somewhere that has food and drinks, restrooms good snorkeling and some shade.

Yes many guides talk folks into going to Coki to help a vendor there or other beaches for similar reasons. For your day I'd definitely recommend Sapphire Beach over SH. Sapphire has everything you are looking for, plus abundant natural shade and beautiful island views that SH doesn't offer. Sapphire is also a nicer beach with gorgeous sapphire-colored water. SH rents umbrellas but the shaded areas are reserved for condo guests.

This thread (and others) will give you lots of info and comparisons on the beaches. Again, tons and tons of info right here. :)

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1993432

Yes many guides talk folks into going to Coki to help a vendor there or other beaches for similar reasons. For your day I'd definitely recommend Sapphire Beach over SH. Sapphire has everything you are looking for, plus abundant natural shade and beautiful island views that SH doesn't offer. Sapphire is also a nicer beach with gorgeous sapphire-colored water. SH rents umbrellas but the shaded areas are reserved for condo guests.

This thread (and others) will give you lots of info and comparisons on the beaches. Again, tons and tons of info right here. :)

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1993432

Thank you so much for your help, can you confirm that the facilities are open again on Sapphire?

Thank you so much for your help, can you confirm that the facilities are open again on Sapphire?

Yes they are. And SH is nice, just our second choice, others prefer SH because it can be calmer on rougher days, and there is a beach restaurant whereas Sapphire has a beach grill, and runners taking orders for a restaurant up the hill. Both are home to condo properties and have a laid back vibe, Sapphire has a bit more room to spread out and shade along the shore.

Edited by blue_water

Glad I found this thread as we visited SH last Sept on our cruise port day and we plan on going again next week when we sail on Carnival Liberty.

The snorkeling is great, like swimming in an aquarium.

The bar and food was top notch last year.

We did not rent chairs, just plopped down on our towels.

We like SH because of the remoteness and less crowded conditions. No loud obnoxious drunks or kids, pretty laid back all the way around.

We have been to Sapphire, in fact I have photos of BOTH Sapphire and SH framed and hanging in my home.

We thoroughly enjoyed sitting at the outside bar at SH and chatting with the bar tender and the other employees about life in St. Thomas, several were transplants from the states.

We've looked at condos for sale at SH while touring the East End with a private driver (Stanley) but after seeing Sapphire we've only been back to SH to stop for a drink and say hi to Stanley. But both Sapphire and SH are low key and have less "lively" a vibe than most other beaches. We just like Sapphire for the water and island views and closer proximity to RH.