Tipping with anytime dining question

OK, I have cruised a few times but never have I done anytime dining. We are going with relatives in March and they are going to do the anytime dining so we have decided to go along with it but we have always done traditional and love it. How do we tip our waiters/waitresses if we go that route? Will it be automatically put on our bill or will it be separate? Hope that isn't a stupid question

OK, I have cruised a few times but never have I done anytime dining. We are going with relatives in March and they are going to do the anytime dining so we have decided to go along with it but we have always done traditional and love it. How do we tip our waiters/waitresses if we go that route? Will it be automatically put on our bill or will it be separate? Hope that isn't a stupid question

You will pay it up front, before you cruise. Fixed time dining, the gratuities are added daily to your account.

Gwen :)

As indicated your gratuities are paid in advance with final payment or at the time of selection of My Time Dining if after that. The staff (stateroom attendants as well) understands the MTD gratuity program and knows that you have prepaid, so no concerns there. Service in our experience has not diminished as a result and additional gratuity if desired is always accepted.

Note that you can request the same table and wait staff if desired so that you can still form the relationships with them as with traditional dining.

I like requesting the same table and getting the same waiters. The service has always been great, they have always remembered our names and our preferences and especially the fact that we like to eat in a speedier manner that others. Like to give a little extra when it is apparent they go above and beyond!

We are booked on the WBTA Oasis in a few weeks, and we have the 9 pm late seating. We didn't book MTD because we want to use some of our SBC for the gratuities.

Since the late dining time doesn't work with so much of the evening entertainment, we are thinking of switching to MTD. if we are able to switch after we board, will they use the SBC in our account for the gratuities or will they charge us separately?

Marilyn

We are booked on the WBTA Oasis in a few weeks, and we have the 9 pm late seating. We didn't book MTD because we want to use some of our SBC for the gratuities.

Since the late dining time doesn't work with so much of the evening entertainment, we are thinking of switching to MTD. if we are able to switch after we board, will they use the SBC in our account for the gratuities or will they charge us separately?

Marilyn

I assume you mean OBC (on board credit) and yes if you can change to MTD on board your SeaPass account will be charged the full gratuity amount and any OBC will be allocated to that payment.

Edited by leaveitallbehind

We have never done traditional dining but have always requested the same waiters and have got them. We will personally hand them an additional tip at the end of the cruise. Our MTD waiters for the last two cruises have been excellent. They knew us by name right away and we've learned a lot about their home countries. I think it speaks highly for them to be requested too.

All of the tipping for your cabin attendant, waiter, ass't waiter and head waiter will be taken care of for you....you will either pay the gratuities in advance, or it will be added to your sea pass account daily....but you need not worry about how much, or to whom, or when to tip. It's now all done for you.