Ripple Communicator

CaribCruiser54

When we tested it we HAD NOT bought the Internet package yet. Like I said we had to fiddle with it a bit but it DID work. This was on Adventure out of Southampton. I can't vouch for anyone else. (I have nothing to do with the App creator!)

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

Curious as to when you tried it? We just got home on Sunday and it did work on Adventure

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

Did not work on the Carnival Breeze (Its now confirmed (by the App creator) to be blocked on all Carnival ships)

Nor the Enchantment or Oasis.. all 3 within within the past 5

weeks..

Edited by vacation_junkie

That would be great, because we're on EN in a few weeks and it would be nice to know if it works before I waste any time on it.

Ripple worked, although getting it running was a bit counter-intuitive - we were using it on our iPads, and YMMV.

You need to have ripple running before you turn your wifi on (otherwise it doesn't connect). When you enable wifi and select royal-wifi, close the screen as soon as the checkmark shows up. Then open up Ripple and when the royal login screen pops up hit cancel and a dialog box will open that asks you if you want to use wifi without internet. Check that box, and ripple works. One annoying little quirk (maybe it's an iPad thing) was that we had to keep the text messages really short (~100 characters) or Ripple would truncate the message on the other iPad.

• 2 months later...