Redeeming RC Visa Points

Sky616

• 9 months later...

Wondering if anyone could answer this. If I redeemed points for an OBC. then reserved a tour through RCCL for one or two of the islands we will visit on our cruise in March 2016 in advance will RCCL bill my credit card when I really want it to come out of my Visa points that I redeemed for OBC. Does anyone know.

Wondering if anyone could answer this. If I redeemed points for an OBC. then reserved a tour through RCCL for one or two of the islands we will visit on our cruise in March 2016 in advance will RCCL bill my credit card when I really want it to come out of my Visa points that I redeemed for OBC. Does anyone know.

Anything purchased/booked pre-cruise will be automatically charged to a credit card at the time of booking.

Your OBC from Visa Points is refundable if you do not use it all up. You can go to Guest Services on the day prior to debarkation and have it refunded to you in cash or you can let them credit it back to the credit card on file.

Edited by cruisenfever

If you redeem points online for OBC, how do you know it has actually been applied to your reservation? Is the email of the point redemption all you get? Is there any way to confirm without calling RC directly?

If you redeem points online for OBC, how do you know it has actually been applied to your reservation? Is the email of the point redemption all you get? Is there any way to confirm without calling RC directly?

You should get a confirmation email.

Also, you can ask whoever booked your cruise to send you Royal's Guest Copy of your booking confirmation. The OBC should show up on that document. Note that in the past, they have posted OBC in order of cruise date, so if your cruise is far off, the OBC may not post to your booking until you are closer to the cruise.

That's what happened to us, we had thought we'd be using our VISA OBC for our excursions (October Med cruise) and gratuities, but that's not the way it works, apparently, as we were charged on our RCCL credit card which was in the system. I did confirm with the Visa rep what folks have said that if you have remaining Visa OBC it goes back to your credit card, so nothing to lose :)

That's what happened to us, we had thought we'd be using our VISA OBC for our excursions (October Med cruise) and gratuities, but that's not the way it works, apparently, as we were charged on our RCCL credit card which was in the system. I did confirm with the Visa rep what folks have said that if you have remaining Visa OBC it goes back to your credit card, so nothing to lose :)

Just remember that any credit amount returned to your RCI credit card will result in the loss of double points since it will be identified as an RCI transaction.

Edited by cruisenfever

Anything purchased/booked pre-cruise will be automatically charged to a credit card at the time of booking.

Your OBC from Visa Points is refundable if you do not use it all up. You can go to Guest Services on the day prior to debarkation and have it refunded to you in cash or you can let them credit it back to the credit card on file.

Thank you for that.

You should get a confirmation email.

Also, you can ask whoever booked your cruise to send you Royal's Guest Copy of your booking confirmation. The OBC should show up on that document. Note that in the past, they have posted OBC in order of cruise date, so if your cruise is far off, the OBC may not post to your booking until you are closer to the cruise.

Should it show up online? I redeemed points on June 28. I received a confirmation email but don't see it anywhere under our reservation.

Should it show up online? I redeemed points on June 28. I received a confirmation email but don't see it anywhere under our reservation.

No, OBC does not show up online. That would be too easy.

So... could someone do a quick a "redeeming points for dummies?" Is it in our best interest to redeem the amount of points closest to what we think we need (avoiding the point returned to card thing) or just redeem and have an overage? We went to the redemption site and saw that it mentioned that it can be used for wine packages, but doesn't mention the soda packages. We had thought it would be a credit that we could use for any additional costs on board. Is it limited? It seemed to imply that we had to use it for things purchased in advance of the cruise. So confused! Please help.:confused:

So... could someone do a quick a "redeeming points for dummies?" Is it in our best interest to redeem the amount of points closest to what we think we need (avoiding the point returned to card thing) or just redeem and have an overage? We went to the redemption site and saw that it mentioned that it can be used for wine packages, but doesn't mention the soda packages. We had thought it would be a credit that we could use for any additional costs on board. Is it limited? It seemed to imply that we had to use it for things purchased in advance of the cruise. So confused! Please help.:confused:

You can use the OBC for anything you would normally use your SeaPass card for.

If you have excess OBC, you can get cash on the last evening of the cruise to avoid it being credited back to your credit card.

I cruise the Independence over NYE. Can I start the process of redeeming my points now? Is there an expiration on from the time I request them to the actual time using them or does a cruise just need to be booked.

Thank you.

I cruise the Independence over NYE. Can I start the process of redeeming my points now? Is there an expiration on from the time I request them to the actual time using them or does a cruise just need to be booked.

Thank you.

You can apply a redemption as soon as you have a cruise booked.

Note that you cannot un-redeem points, so if you cancel the cruise, you lose the points. If you need to cancel, they will normally let you transfer the redemption (depending on the redemption) to another cruise you have booked.

You can apply a redemption as soon as you have a cruise booked.

Note that you cannot un-redeem points, so if you cancel the cruise, you lose the points. If you need to cancel, they will normally let you transfer the redemption (depending on the redemption) to another cruise you have booked.

Thank you as always for your help. I appreciate it!

Will start tondo tomorrow or Wednesday from work.

Thank you as always for your help. I appreciate it!

Will start tondo tomorrow or Wednesday from work.

Hi. I called RCCL Visa and got the e-mail address where I can review and redeem online.

I have enough points for a 3-4 night cruise, which would be nice to use for my dh/me for a 25th anniversary trip. But, is it correct from what I have been reading that I cannot book a 3/4 night trip because RCCL has the BOGO or any other sale? How exactly would I know that I cannot book. If my sailing in September/October has a discount then I could not use my Visa RCCL Rewards?

Thank you.

Hi. I called RCCL Visa and got the e-mail address where I can review and redeem online.

I have enough points for a 3-4 night cruise, which would be nice to use for my dh/me for a 25th anniversary trip. But, is it correct from what I have been reading that I cannot book a 3/4 night trip because RCCL has the BOGO or any other sale? How exactly would I know that I cannot book. If my sailing in September/October has a discount then I could not use my Visa RCCL Rewards?

Thank you.

If you book a cruise under the BOGO promo, then you cannot use the "free cruise" redemption. However, you can still use your points for a cruise discount or OBC.

Hi. If I have OBC from the Visa Points left over on my account, would I be mailed a check or do I loose the OBC since it came from RCCL Visa points.

Thank you.

If you book a cruise under the BOGO promo, then you cannot use the "free cruise" redemption. However, you can still use your points for a cruise discount or OBC.

Thank you. Think we will use for the OBC.

Thanks!

Hi. If I have OBC from the Visa Points left over on my account, would I be mailed a check or do I loose the OBC since it came from RCCL Visa points.

Thank you.

They would normally credit the credit card that is associated with your onboard account. You could also get a cash refund on the last night of the cruise.

How do you know it made it to your SeaPass account, upon boarding? I just ordered my OBC last night and realized right after I hit "submit" that I misspelled my email address so I will not get an email confirmation, although I did print it out while it was still up on my computer so I do have confirmation. Will it show up anywhere when doing the check-in process?

How do you know it made it to your SeaPass account, upon boarding? I just ordered my OBC last night and realized right after I hit "submit" that I misspelled my email address so I will not get an email confirmation, although I did print it out while it was still up on my computer so I do have confirmation. Will it show up anywhere when doing the check-in process?

The OBC does not show up during the check-in process.

A couple of weeks before your cruise, contact whoever booked your cruise and ask for Royal's Guest Copy of your booking confirmation. The OBC should show up on that document.

• 2 weeks later...

Didn't want to start a new thread...

Back in June I redeemed 50k points for $500 off our currently booked cruise. My points were days away from expiring so this was the best use of them I felt since we already have more OBC than we will likely use.

Our cruise was already paid in full at the time of redemption and the reward redemption department told me I would just get a refund. It has been over 30 days since then and I still do not have a refund. Does anyone have experience with this? How long does it typically take and who should I call first? Royal or the reward redemption line?