Embarkation time ncl getaway

jdurant1981

We like to try and arrive at the port around 10:30. There might be a short delay in line before processing begins. Then you will quickly process, go to the waiting area, and boarding, if all is normal, begins about 11ish to 11:30. Then the vacation has begun!

We arrived at the pier around 10. The security checkpoints weren't open yet, but we were about 5th in line. (Be aware there are very few chairs before the checkpoint (at the Terminal C entry at least) We also got boarding group 1, and had our first cocktail onboard and in-hand by noon. Boarding began promptly at 11:30.

I'm sure this isn't always a guarantee…lots of things can cause delays, etc., but I'd say arrive at the time you're most comfortable, knowing you may have to stand for a bit before the checkpoint and then wait for boarding to begin.

We arrived at the pier around 10. The security checkpoints weren't open yet, but we were about 5th in line. (Be aware there are very few chairs before the checkpoint (at the Terminal C entry at least) We also got boarding group 1, and had our first cocktail onboard and in-hand by noon. Boarding began promptly at 11:30.

I'm sure this isn't always a guarantee…lots of things can cause delays, etc., but I'd say arrive at the time you're most comfortable, knowing you may have to stand for a bit before the checkpoint and then wait for boarding to begin.

You just never know! We were waiting to board around 11ish a few years ago when we noticed a bunch of ambulances and ENTs entering. Someone was hurrying to disembark and fell down the fancy staircase and knocked down a bunch of people with him! We saw several taken out on backboards. Never heard how they were but we didn't start boarding until 1:30! After all that we were only about 20 minutes late leaving!