Can anyone tell me more about cavetubing.bz?

Kellyfkrc

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Are they really that much cheaper then going thru your cruise line?

Yes, very much cheaper. Last week we paid $69 for tubing and zip line; RCCL price was $139.

Yes there is zip lining there at the caves, but it is the zip lining that the regular companies use. Vitalino (.bz) use to use this place until they decided to build their own, which is located at their property down the road (at least that's what they told me where they were building last time I was there). So I guess it would depend on the company that you are going with. :)

Vitalino's zip line facility is up and running with 13 platforms; everything is extremely well-constructed and the equipment is in excellent condition. The guides are very competent and friendly. Many other tour operators are now contracted to use the facility as well. Yeah Mr. Reyes!! I can't say enough good things about this company! :D

I haven't seen anything about a $35 budget tour. Did you find it on their website? I know we are getting a group discount of $40 pp. It includes transportation both ways, 1 guide for every 8 people, and lunch.

Yes it's on their website. I don't know if it's just me but I find the pricing very confusing.

Can someone explain the different tours? What is the difference between the $35 budget tour and $50 tour? We know we want to go with bz but I'm not sure which tour is best.

We have a group of 43 booked for January. Vitalino explained that the budget tour is a shortened tour and you go through one less cave.

• 3 weeks later...
Have booked the cavetubing with them.

Can you bring a quality camera with (digital SLR) and lock it up so you have it for the rest of the day?

Yes, they will lock your stuff in the van when you leave. Never had a problem

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Do we have to have a group to book? I want to reserve but it is just me and my husband.

No you do not have to have a group to book. They will usually have others booked with them from the ships and take everyone (one the van is full) at the same time.

Yes, very much cheaper. Last week we paid $69 for tubing and zip line; RCCL price was $139.

Vitalino's zip line facility is up and running with 13 platforms; everything is extremely well-constructed and the equipment is in excellent condition. The guides are very competent and friendly. Many other tour operators are now contracted to use the facility as well. Yeah Mr. Reyes!! I can't say enough good things about this company! :D

How did you manage with the RCCL Tender Boat on Belize ?

ronandannette : We are going on a RCCL Christmas week but, concerned it will be crazy to get off the boats (Tender) with all of the families taking the Cruise Tours.

I would definitely like to do the private tube tour - if possible.

What time was your tour and what time was your tender ?

Thanks

Cavetubing with the cruise ship=$119

Cavetubing with .bz =$50

Caves done with the cruise ship=1

Caves done with the cruise ship=2

Carry your own tubes with the cruise ship

Have the workers with .bz not only carry your tubes, but go way ahead of you and have them there waiting on you.

Awesome home cooked meal at the owners property waiting on you after the tour (included in the price) with private.

Private tour more personal with tons of Belize history and information, plenty of stopping along the way to try things out and given the history instead of just a cattle call of walking to the caves and that's it=priceless. :)

Sounds like a NO BRAINER to me! Love doing private excursions. Can't stand being part of the "cattle call"

One question though, is it hard to do? does the water have a strong current and does it whisk you forward or is it smooth and easy gliding?

Sounds like a NO BRAINER to me! Love doing private excursions. Can't stand being part of the "cattle call"

One question though, is it hard to do? does the water have a strong current and does it whisk you forward or is it smooth and easy gliding?

The hardest part is the walk, and that's pretty easy. It's basically a leisurely float on a tube. The guide does most of the work maneuvering the group down the river.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

The guides do all the work. All you have to do is sit on the tube and relax. They use their arms to paddle the entire group and sometimes they get out and walk and pull you in the right direction. Of course the water is moving in that direction too, but they do all the work. :)

Just returned on Friday from our cruise and a day with cavetubing.bz which our group of cruise critics booked together. Can't say enough nice things about our driver/guide Jorge and Andy... a fun van with no question unanswered and so easy to converse with.

We did the tubing and it was so relaxing. I'm a 60 year old, not so physically fit, topping 200lbs...and I did the ziplining too!!!! Yes, I screamed from tree to tree and my weight certainly propelled me at top speeds through the jungle but it was fun. Only thing I didn't plan ahead was having to climb some of the hills/steps which shouldn't have been much of a problem if I was in a bit better shape so it winded me. Would I do it again...sure! Great fun.

We ran a little later than planned to get back to the ship but it never left the guides minds to be wary we were there as promised. Go...enjoy! They assured us often that they follow international standards of safety and the care they demonstrated was reassuring.

Just returned on Friday from our cruise and a day with cavetubing.bz which our group of cruise critics booked together. Can't say enough nice things about our driver/guide Jorge and Andy... a fun van with no question unanswered and so easy to converse with.

We did the tubing and it was so relaxing. I'm a 60 year old, not so physically fit, topping 200lbs...and I did the ziplining too!!!! Yes, I screamed from tree to tree and my weight certainly propelled me at top speeds through the jungle but it was fun. Only thing I didn't plan ahead was having to climb some of the hills/steps which shouldn't have been much of a problem if I was in a bit better shape so it winded me. Would I do it again...sure! Great fun.

We ran a little later than planned to get back to the ship but it never left the guides minds to be wary we were there as promised. Go...enjoy! They assured us often that they follow international standards of safety and the care they demonstrated was reassuring.

Who did you cruise with? Did you have trouble tendering?

I've seen that beginning January 1st they will be enforcing height restrictions. I have a cavetubing excursion booked with cavetubing.bz and inquired about age/height limits and this was not mentioned. They just told me that children can ride in parents laps...does anyone know if this is true?

There are two small children, under 40 inches coming along and I would hate for us to show up and the kids not be able to tube after all...