Ocean Princess British Isles Cruise Review -Disney Sheep Go Rogue

Disney Sheep

Hello again! I am glad that you enjoyed this report, it was neat to be able to share this trip report with someone who was actually on the same trip - even if I wasn't sure of this at first :). I have to admit that I have re-read my own trip report in December when I was writing our annual family Christmas letter - just because it was fun to re-live it. This trip truly was enjoyable and we have lots of great memories. We also have the Christmas decoration that I picked up at Edinburgh castle on our tree, which brings back nice memories each time we see it :).

I am glad that your wife (and her Mother) are now enjoying their sweaters from Dublin. We have a cruise booked with Disney this summer and I am deciding whether to knit sweaters before hand or buy them in Norway!

Here is wishing everyone a Happy New Year - especially since I was amused to find out that 2015 will be the year of the Sheep... hopefully that includes Disney Sheep :D

Norway, sounds like a Baltic cruise. Our favorite cruise was a Baltic cruise we took for our 30th wedding anniversary in 2007. The one review I wrote for cruisecritic is for that cruise.

I'm sure most of the ports are the same. If you want to start your research by reading my review it is found at:

http://www.cruisecritic.com/memberreviews/memberreview.cfm?EntryID=33517

If you do read it, let me know what you think of it.

• 1 month later...
I decided to relive our cruise once more before the year turned to 2015 by rereading this thread; thank you for the wonderful pictures, Yvonne. It was especially wonderful looking at the Tattoo pictures since we will have none of them due to the dropped camera.

I was hoping that my wife might show up in one of your poolside pictures since she spent so much time there, but alas she did not.

I can't believe I missed an early post of yours (I think it was on page 2 either right before or right after I first posted) in which you gave the dates you were on the cruise. We would have known 10 pages earlier that we were on the same cruise.

DW has now been able to wear the sweater she purchased in Dublin. And her mother got her Christmas gift sweater from the same shop. It's good that it fit.

We're considering a cruise for next summer that is mostly in your country, Canada. It would be either Boston to Montreal or vice versa with a day before or after in Montreal. Which date we pick would depend on which date gets picked for my (50th) high school reunion. We would have to work out the logistics of a cruise with a different starting and ending point, though at the moment it looks like flying to and from Newark might work best. It would be on Holland America. We have sailed once on that line Rome to Rome on an Eastern Caribbean cruise. Or we could do something entirely different.

It turns out we are doing something entirely different. Both cruises we were looking at ended up conflicting with my high school class's 50th reunion.

Instead we are going to fly to Paris; and then Paris to Amsterdam. And then head home.

• 2 weeks later...

What a lovely cruise review you have written, I really enjoyed reading it today.

Did I spot a Doctor Who phone cover on one of your photos? I've been to Cardiff but only for a weekend and unfortunately we didn't get time to visit the Doctor Who exhibition but Cardiff itself is lovely. Your St Helier photos also brought back some lovely memories of a weekend that we stayed there once. And don't worry about using Jersey or Scottish money in England, that's fine to do so though some shops might be reluctant to take it. Being English I really enjoy reading other people's reviews of their British Isles cruises. It gives me a new perspective of places that I have been to. Thank you :)

What a lovely cruise review you have written, I really enjoyed reading it today.

Did I spot a Doctor Who phone cover on one of your photos? I've been to Cardiff but only for a weekend and unfortunately we didn't get time to visit the Doctor Who exhibition but Cardiff itself is lovely. Your St Helier photos also brought back some lovely memories of a weekend that we stayed there once. And don't worry about using Jersey or Scottish money in England, that's fine to do so though some shops might be reluctant to take it. Being English I really enjoy reading other people's reviews of their British Isles cruises. It gives me a new perspective of places that I have been to. Thank you :)

Thank you for your kind comments and I am so glad that you enjoyed the review. Yes, you did indeed spot a Doctor Who phone cover on my iPhone - my kids introduced me to Doctor Who right around the 50th anniversary special and I became a fast fan. My birthday cakes for the last two birthdays have even been Doctor Who oriented. I would love to get to visit the the Doctor Who exhibition in Cardiff - I have told DH that one day after we retire we need to rent a place in England for a couple of months and just visit the rest of the British Isles! There are so many neat places to see and so much history every where to enjoy. Next trip to London I plan to find a Tardis:).

Norway, sounds like a Baltic cruise. Our favorite cruise was a Baltic cruise we took for our 30th wedding anniversary in 2007. The one review I wrote for cruisecritic is for that cruise.

I'm sure most of the ports are the same. If you want to start your research by reading my review it is found at:

http://www.cruisecritic.com/memberreviews/memberreview.cfm?EntryID=33517

If you do read it, let me know what you think of it.

Hello again, we did the Baltics a few years ago and loved it. And I did read your review and enjoyed it a lot as well. We are heading out on a Disney cruise that includes Norway that we were fortunate enough to book on 'opening day' - I say that because prices right now are just crazy! We plan to visit Paris and London as well after our cruise since this may be one of our last opportunities for a really big family trip for a while since DD heads off to university in the Fall and her schedule and our son's schedule will not match up for breaks for a while.

I hope you enjoy your travels, including Paris and Amsterdam and your 50th high school reunion!

Edited by Disney Sheep

Hello again, we did the Baltics a few years ago and loved it. And I did read your review and enjoyed it a lot as well. We are heading out on a Disney cruise that includes Norway that we were fortunate enough to book on 'opening day' - I say that because prices right now are just crazy! We plan to visit Paris and London as well after our cruise since this may be one of our last opportunities for a really big family trip for a while since DD heads off to university in the Fall and her schedule and our son's schedule will not match up for breaks for a while.

I hope you enjoy your travels, including Paris and Amsterdam and your 50th high school reunion!

Thanks, and congratulations on the "Year of the Sheep".

Last year, we celebrated our anniversary on the overnight in Scotland. This year we will be landing in Paris on our anniversary.

Pat has Paris planned out, the 2 day museum pass and a one day tour including Versailles and Monet's Gardens.

We've been to the south of France on cruises, but never Paris. We were in Amsterdam once for I believe 5 days over a Christmas/New Year's break when we had to scramble for a vacation when a river cruise we had booked and paid for chartered the ship.