Flight Post Cruise Question

pristinehart

Newbie question. What's the best way to check in for flights post cruise? My flight isn't until 8pm. I will have check luggage.

Do you guys normally wait until you are back in US port and use your cell to check in or wait until you're at the airport to check in and get boarding passes and stuff? Or do you suck it up and pay the expensive fee to use the internet on board to check in. Or do Carnival offer a check in service for flights?

I just do it on my phone once I am back in the US. If I was flying Southwest and needed to check in to get a good boarding number, I would ask someone to do it for me or pay their fee.

Because your flight is so late, I would see if Carnival is offering Luggage Express. This is a service where you check your bags in on the ship and they check you in as well. That way you are free to tour during the day. You will see your luggage again at your final destination. https://www.goccl.com/~/media/Files/Irman/bookccl/shipboard_knowledge/LuggageExpress_OtherLocations.htm

Newbie question. What's the best way to check in for flights post cruise? My flight isn't until 8pm. I will have check luggage.

Do you guys normally wait until you are back in US port and use your cell to check in or wait until you're at the airport to check in and get boarding passes and stuff? Or do you suck it up and pay the expensive fee to use the internet on board to check in. Or do Carnival offer a check in service for flights?

now you have me thinking..... Our post flight is swa at 11:30 a.m. I hadn't considered having somebody not on the cruise check in for us. Don't you need to print something though?

no, just have them check you in and when u get to the airport you put your confirm number in at the kiosk and print your boarding pass and luggage tags. Works fine. Southwest boarding really is the worst!

now you have me thinking..... our post flight is SWA at 11:30 a.m. I hadn't considered having somebody not on the cruise check in for us. Don't you need to print something though?

We pay the Early Bird fee for our Southwest return flight, $12.50 each just so we don't have to worry about it. It's most likely cheaper than trying to use sketchy ship internet to check in and I don't want to have to rely on someone else to do it for me. We always end up with an A boarding number and we just get them to print out boarding passes for us at the airport.

We pay the Early Bird fee for our Southwest return flight, $12.50 each just so we don't have to worry about it. It's most likely cheaper than trying to use sketchy ship internet to check in and I don't want to have to rely on someone else to do it for me. We always end up with an A boarding number and we just get them to print out boarding passes for us at the airport.

This is what I do too with Southwest. It's worth the $12.50 per person. Then I just check in on my phone once the ship is in range of a cell tower. Southwest also allows electronic boarding passes now at many airports where you just show it on your phone as you are boarding. You don't even need a paper boarding pass.

Edited by winddawn