RCI operators all read from different rule books, Inconsistant Information

I absolutely love RCI cruises.

Onboard I have only ever experienced fantastic staff and service. This is why we keep coming back.

When I have to call them on land I find it is a completely different story.

We get routed to a call centre on the other side of the world and they always say different things

We booked a cruise from Perth to Singapore 6 months ago in an Interior.

I noticed the price went down for a balcony to below what we paid.

I wasnt expecting a refund but I thought we could upgrade as we had done similar in the past.

I phoned last Thursday and the operator I got wasnt helpful and told me we couldnt change rooms. I was doubtful that this was correct as we have done so several times in the past. She then put me on hold for ages and came back and said that she could upgrade me and the new price would be $6000 for the cruise ( we had paid $4000, and the current balcony price on the website was $3800 ) I didnt understand why they wanted $6000 as this was more than $2000 above the price selling to the public. Anyway I said that I would think about it and call back.

I called back 5 minutes later and was told that we could upgrade to the price on the website but we would not be eligible for crown and anchor balcony discount. I didnt understand why as before when we upgrade we always get discount if we upgrade to balcony or above. The operator quoted $4600 for the upgrade ( which i thought was very good $600 extra for 17 nights from interior to balcony)

I called today and wanted to see what the third operator said. She said that we could have the price advertised online and it would mean we change from an interior to balcony upgrade and there was a refund due of $386. I was very happy with this I didnt expect a refund as we are within 2 months of sailing but I just wanted the balcony.

I just think its crazy that you have to keep calling to get the answer you want/correct answer.

Maybe the third operator was wrong, maybe the 1st or 2nd were wrong. I have no idea.

I just wish I had official information on the correct procedure.