Back on the Enchantment once again! ~~ Solo Picture Review ~~

mpoole3

Hello from the uk ,my husband and myself with a widower friend are sailing on the 12of jan 2015 on the enchantment of the seas is there any singles only nights ?

Check out the Cruise Compass (daily schedule). They will list singles events there.

• 2 weeks later...
We love Coco Cay also! But, you didn't answer one important question. Can you use the ship's drink package on Coco Cay??

Love the review, love the pictures. Now, I can't wait for this cruise!!

Oh yes you can! All the drink packages can be used in Coco Cay.

We love Coco Cay also! But, you didn't answer one important question. Can you use the ship's drink package on Coco Cay??

Love the review, love the pictures. Now, I can't wait for this cruise!!

Like Michael said, you can use the drink packages on Coco Cay. However, the roving bar servers normally have drinks in souvenir cup, which are not included in the drink package. So you may have to go to a bar to get a drink.

While I was hanging out at Senor Frogs I noticed a Norwegian ship headed out, I don't remember the name, or wasn't paying attention because it's not Royal.

IMG_4797_zpsa8060a66.jpg

That would be Norwegian Sky. :cool: She's a nice ship. I'm enjoying your review, as I'm threatening to book this 4-night cruise on Enchantment combined with a weekend at Universal. Cheers.

That's the Norwegian Sky. We sailed on her twice----Once to Alaska, and once in Hawaai as the Pride of Aloha. A few years ago she was reflagged back to the Sky, and now does three & four day cruises out of Miami.

I love your review and photos. Thanks for sharing.

Sorry for repeating your information on a later post. I'm a librarian, so I'm a bit of a know-it-all. :p Plus I'm reading the thread in order and didn't see your reply. Cheers.

Hey Michael, if you're still checking this thread from time to time, how do handle the MDR as a solo. I've only sailed solo on Norwegian, and I chose to eat in specialty restaurants because there are a lot of two-tops. Do they put you at a giant table with a group of strangers, or are there smaller tables, too, in the MDR? Enjoyed the review!

Edited by Cruiser Bruiser

Sorry for repeating your information on a later post. I'm a librarian, so I'm a bit of a know-it-all. :p Plus I'm reading the thread in order and didn't see your reply. Cheers.

Hey Michael, if you're still checking this thread from time to time, how do handle the MDR as a solo. I've only sailed solo on Norwegian, and I chose to eat in specialty restaurants because there are a lot of two-tops. Do they put you at a giant table with a group of strangers, or are there smaller tables, too, in the MDR? Enjoyed the review!

Sounds like you might enjoy eating alone, so the good news is you can! I have done it both ways and I'm not sure I enjoy one way over the other.

Once I went to the Windjammer night 1 and chops steak house other other two nights $30.

If you want to eat at a two top solo you can, I'd suggest emailing rcldining@rccl.com prior to the cruise and request what you want. They have always helped me out.

Feel free to email me below if you have more solo questions on the Enchantment, I have some pretty wild stories to share.

I have two questions about this cruise.

1) How often is CocoCay cancelled due to weather?

2) Do they ever switch up the menus on the 4 day cruise? I took this cruise in Feb 2014 and plan on taking it again in Nov 2015 and wonder if they will serve the same menu?

2) Do they ever switch up the menus on the 4 day cruise? I took this cruise in Feb 2014 and plan on taking it again in Nov 2015 and wonder if they will serve the same menu?

We've been on Enchantment a few times in the last couple of years, and the menus have always been the same.

We were on EnOS on 12/05/14. We were the only cruise in 4 prior trips that was able to stop at Coco Cay. I heard that the next sailing after us wasn't able to stop. So I think it happens a lot this time of year. Not sure about other times of the year. Can't answer #2.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Well as you all know I booked just 2 days prior to sailing and as figured I didn’t have a dinning table. So I went down to the dinning room and requested a large table, since I was cruising solo and was quickly told, “we are full, so you need to visit MTD” I’m not going to lie, this P*ssed me off, but I’m actually used to being pushed around, as I look younger and it always happens. I mean you should see the faces when I walk into the diamond lounge, but as I always say, I don’t sweat the small stuff, so dinner tonight was in the windjammer!

IMG_4381_zps7b174ac0.jpg

Yes they have sushi! But I didn't try any...

IMG_4383_zpsdba3fbd2.jpg

I came across this review and I'm enjoying it! I understand your feelings on how sometimes you feel pushed around as my DH and I are both younger and experience the same things. Same thing happens to us when we enter the Diamond Lounge! Right away we get the looks like "are you sure your supposed to be here"!? Yup we are sure! May be young but we cruise all the time with Royal! My DH and you both have the same attitude, "who cares" and " don't sweat it"! Thanks for taking the time to do all these reviews!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

• 1 month later...
M Poole - following your review of Enchantment of Sea cruise. Your photos are amazing!!

Are you really a photo journalist in real ( not cruising) life? LOL

Keep the reviews going!!

Thanks for the kind words! No not a real journalist by any means. I see you are headed on the Enchantment soon, I hope you have a blast.

I just did a podcast on the Enchantment, feel free to email me with questions.

So....now that Enchantment is moving to Ft. LAUDERDALE. or was it MIAMI....are you going to continue to sail her, being the you live close...or are you going to go into a deep depression and forget Enchantment and continue to sail out of PC.

I've been alternating between Enchantment and Liberty...even though we live just outside of Tampa...not happy with the RC choices out of my home port.

Awesome review(s) of Enchantment! Never been on it but can't wait for it in a few months. I caught your recent podcast that you mentioned above and had a question. Not sure if you've done more than one podcast, but in the one I heard you mentioned the floor where you can look down to the ocean - where on the ship is that located?? I don't remember hearing how to find it. Sounds really cool. Thanks for all the pics and details! Helps get through the cold winter months!

Just off Enchantment last week (first time) and I can see how u have such affection for this ship.

We had a blast ... beautiful ship, great crew, did some new things @Nasssau and Coco Cay (the cabanas this time !!) ... thoroughly loved the cruise and ship.

Great pics, man ... love your reviews !!

What kind of new things did you do in Nassau, F27TW? Hubby and I are sailing on Enchantment for the 3rd time in May. In the past we did a day trip to Cabbage Beach (that was nice... "share" the same beach as Atlantis without paying Atlantis prices). Last May we just stayed on board and enjoyed the quiet ship. In November we had someone that had never been and did a day trip to Melia (big mistake...it started going through construction the day before we arrived!) and walked through Atlantis on day two (we had to skip Cococay that time) This time we either just want to experience Junkanoo beach (are there chair and umbrella rentals if so how much) or splurge a little on the Blue Lagoon beach day. Michael Poole and his awesome reviews played a big role on us going back on Enchantment for the third time (reminding us what we love about this ship) instead of going on Freedom this time.

What kind of new things did you do in Nassau, F27TW? Hubby and I are sailing on Enchantment for the 3rd time in May. In the past we did a day trip to Cabbage Beach (that was nice... "share" the same beach as Atlantis without paying Atlantis prices). Last May we just stayed on board and enjoyed the quiet ship. In November we had someone that had never been and did a day trip to Melia (big mistake...it started going through construction the day before we arrived!) and walked through Atlantis on day two (we had to skip Cococay that time) This time we either just want to experience Junkanoo beach (are there chair and umbrella rentals if so how much) or splurge a little on the Blue Lagoon beach day. Michael Poole and his awesome reviews played a big role on us going back on Enchantment for the third time (reminding us what we love about this ship) instead of going on Freedom this time.

We were on this cruise with another couple .. and our friend (who is amazing at researching options) found that the Melia Hotel on Cable Beach offers a day pass for their facility Absolutely beautiful place.

The 4 of us jumped in a cab ($20 each way) just outside the cruise ship dock took us over to the Melia on Cable Beach - about a 10-15 minute ride.

Buy the day pass at the front desk ($35) per person ... u then have access to the hotels beautiful pools and the white sand beach. Towels are included.

We had an absolutely great day there .. there's a nice bar at the edge of the beach (which makes great Rum Punches!) , the water was warm and calm and there are jet ski and para-sailing rentals right there too. And a gift shop inside for things like souvenirs and other general necessities (sodas, sunscreen, etc).

Highly recommend this .. itll be our regular thing any time we are in Nassau again. Great way to spend the day in Nassau when you don't feel like touring or getting ripped off @ Atlantis!

So....now that Enchantment is moving to Ft. LAUDERDALE. or was it MIAMI....are you going to continue to sail her, being the you live close...or are you going to go into a deep depression and forget Enchantment and continue to sail out of PC.

I've been alternating between Enchantment and Liberty...even though we live just outside of Tampa...not happy with the RC choices out of my home port.

Adam Goldstein's office called to wish me a happy birthday and great cruise on Oasis next week and I was joking about not taking "my baby" to South Florida!

I will keep sailing on her, just travel a little further south. :D

WOW Tiffany! I'm glad I could help you plan a cruise! Sometimes I just think...Why am I not a TA? I blog on sister sites, post on here, could tell you just about everything you wanted to know about Royal. But that's where my knowledge ends. Other other guys? No clue!

Awesome review(s) of Enchantment! Never been on it but can't wait for it in a few months. I caught your recent podcast that you mentioned above and had a question. Not sure if you've done more than one podcast, but in the one I heard you mentioned the floor where you can look down to the ocean - where on the ship is that located?? I don't remember hearing how to find it. Sounds really cool. Thanks for all the pics and details! Helps get through the cold winter months!

I have done other podcast's you just have to search my name. I actually have a fun one coming out Wednesday + a live blog starting Friday for Oasis.