continuing saga of cabin 11329 on Oasis

I am sure some of you may have read my post in regards to getting kicked out of cabin 11329 on the Oasis November 29th, 2014 .

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2104905

Anyway, on Tuesdayor wednesday this week i was checking RCI's page to see if the new Grand Suites were for sale on our 11/29 cruise and sure enough there was 11330 for sale. It was gone the next day and today while checking they had 11730 still available.

I was wondering how these were available when they told me 11329 would be out of inventory due to construction almost 2 months after dry dock.

Wouldn't this cabin also be impacted by the construction? I thought the construction on this cabin was why i couldn't stay in 11329.:confused:

So i call RCI today and ask to book 11329. The RCI rep says that it is booked but they have boardwalk rooms with no balconies. I said no thank you and then asked specifically if 11329 was booked or was out of inventory.

He paused a moment and then said it is booked.

I know these reps have misinformation at times but what do you think?

I have a call into the person who helped resolve this the first time.

Bill

I am sure some of you may have read my post in regards to getting kicked out of cabin 11329 on the Oasis November 29th, 2014 .

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2104905

Anyway, on Tuesdayor wednesday this week i was checking RCI's page to see if the new Grand Suites were for sale on our 11/29 cruise and sure enough there was 11330 for sale. It was gone the next day and today while checking they had 11730 still available.

I was wondering how these were available when they told me 11329 would be out of inventory due to construction almost 2 months after dry dock.

Wouldn't this cabin also be impacted by the construction? I thought the construction on this cabin was why i couldn't stay in 11329.:confused:

So i call RCI today and ask to book 11329. The RCI rep says that it is booked but they have boardwalk rooms with no balconies. I said no thank you and then asked specifically if 11329 was booked or was out of inventory.

He paused a moment and then said it is booked.

I know these reps have misinformation at times but what do you think?

I have a call into the person who helped resolve this the first time.

Bill

Bill, I am on your cruise also, I believe you are on our roll call? As you probably know I have 12729, the last aft boardwalk balcony on the starboard side. After I read your thread I panicked and emailed Adam Goldstein thinking I was going to get kicked out of ours also due to the construction. I emailed him on Sept 29 and got a return email not by Mr. Goldstein but a person in the executive office saying I will be contacted by phone in a few days. Well a few days passed with nothing but I did finally get a voice mail on my phone on Friday 10/10 from the same person who sent the email saying we would not be kicked out of our cabin that the construction would be completed. So who knows, maybe the construction is being done on the starboard side first, I don't know. So we may not have the public balcony outside our door but hopefully we will still have the cabin we picked out 15 months ago.

Bill, I am on your cruise also, I believe you are on our roll call? As you probably know I have 12729, the last aft boardwalk balcony on the starboard side. After I read your thread I panicked and emailed Adam Goldstein thinking I was going to get kicked out of ours also due to the construction. I emailed him on Sept 29 and got a return email not by Mr. Goldstein but a person in the executive office saying I will be contacted by phone in a few days. Well a few days passed with nothing but I did finally get a voice mail on my phone on Friday 10/10 from the same person who sent the email saying we would not be kicked out of our cabin that the construction would be completed. So who knows, maybe the construction is being done on the starboard side first, I don't know. So we may not have the public balcony outside our door but hopefully we will still have the cabin we picked out 15 months ago.

Yes I am on your roll call and I am happy to hear you still have your cabin.

I hope you enjoy it immensely.

I was resigned to the fact that I had to vacate my cabin due to construction until I saw cabin 11330 available on RCI's website which lead to me calling RCI.

Never did get a return call. Was the ladies name Janet that you got the voicemail from?

It's quite a buzzkill.:mad:

Bill

Yes I am on your roll call and I am happy to hear you still have your cabin.

I hope you enjoy it immensely.

I was resigned to the fact that I had to vacate my cabin due to construction until I saw cabin 11330 available on RCI's website which lead to me calling RCI.

Never did get a return call. Was the ladies name Janet that you got the voicemail from?

It's quite a buzzkill.:mad:

Bill

Her name is Cynthia. I hope everything works out for you. If they told you your cabin was going to be unusable and then they ended up selling it someone else after you got moved that would be terrible. Hope you can do some snooping while on the ship. You may not get a correct answer until you can see for yourself.

Hey Bill!

Did you ever get an answer about this?

I got the answer from the reservation agent that said it was booked and called resolutions and she told me it is not booked.

I asked if they could mske a note on my reservation to let me have first shot at 11329 if indeed it does come available.

I was told thst's not possible.

I still can't figure out how the construction is going to impact cabin but not the new 11330 which somebody on my roll call is booked in.

So I won't know until I get on the ship if in fact 11329 is booked or not.

Last night I saw 12325 become available.:(

Bill