Carnival, Where Will You Go?

TheCriuseDirector

Where should Carnival go, return to, or improve on?  

346 members have voted

1. 1. Where should Carnival go, return to, or improve on?

• Stay in Caribbean
    • Bermuda
    • Mediterranean
    • Australia
    • Scandinavia
    • Alaska
    • Mexico
    • Canada/ New England
    • Asia
    • Hawaii
    • Tahiti
    • South America

I'd love to take a cruise to Tahiti and Bora Bora, but the Med. as well! I can just imagine sailing near beautiful Greece...

I doubt I could ever afford a Med. cruise on Carnival...then again, I'm assuming they would probably be cheaper than their competitors. But ONLY if they left from the US and returned to the US would I be likely to book.

3974f50a6845379a6fc188415819bae8.png

I've seen those itineraries already. That's wayyyyyyy too many sea days and wayyyyyy too few ports for that price.

Carnival Corp has other brands that do Asia. Carnival Spirit will be going to Singapore for a dry dock but is permanently home ported in Australia.

Not interested in Australia, but as I said, I'm considering Princess, a Carnival brand. ;) I still would love to see an actual Carnival ship in Asia.

I've seen those itineraries already. That's wayyyyyyy too many sea days and wayyyyyy too few ports for that price.

Not interested in Australia, but as I said, I'm considering Princess, a Carnival brand. ;) I still would love to see an actual Carnival ship in Asia.

I would love to see Carnival try a ship in Asia. I'm almost ready to pull the trigger on a 9 night Princess cruise from Singapore, but I'm not 100% sure yet. I'd love to see cruises from South America too, as I've considered a Royal Caribbean cruise from Brazil. I spent a week in Cartagena, Colombia, earlier this year, and it's one of the most awesome cities I've ever visited. I'd love to see some southern Caribbean itineraries port there. Maybe they could add it to the Aruba/Curacao route in the future.

LOL @ Tapi :D

As you mentioned you would like to see a Carnival ship in Asia. As you've previously seen that itinerary, you're aware the Carnival Spirit has two scheduled itineraries that call in Asia. I don't understand why your second post mentions an actual Carnival ship, as the Carnival Spirit is an actual Carnival ship, currently operated by Carnival Australia c/o Carnival Cruise Lines.

Although in your opinion it may be too many sea days with too few ports for that price, there are many this itinerary will appeal to. Keep in mind, gratuities are already included in the price quoted in Australian dollars.

As you mentioned you would like to see a Carnival ship in Asia. As you've previously seen that itinerary, you're aware the Carnival Spirit has two scheduled itineraries that call in Asia. I don't understand why your second post mentions an actual Carnival ship, as the Carnival Spirit is an actual Carnival ship, currently operated by Carnival Australia c/o Carnival Cruise Lines.

Although in your opinion it may be too many sea days with too few ports for that price, there are many this itinerary will appeal to. Keep in mind, gratuities are already included in the price quoted in Australian dollars.

I'm not interested in an itinerary that has 9 sea days and 2 days in Asia. I'd prefer an itinerary with 9 days in Asia and 2 sea days. When I said I'd love to see a Carnival ship in Asia, I meant that as in on a year round basis. That way they can offer better itineraries to places such as Malaysia, Thailand, and Vietnam, with more days in port and fewer days at sea. Those 15 day itineraries only have two port days in Asia (three if you include embarking/disembarking in Singapore). Princess and Royal Caribbean offer port intensive 3-7 day cruises by having a ship with an Asian home port. I have no doubt those 15 day itineraries appeal to many people. They just don't appeal to me. Thus my answer to the OP's original question. Where would you like to see Carnival go? Put a ship full time in Asia. :)

I didn't know that the gratuities are already included in the price of Carnival Australia cruises, so that's good to know for future reference.

I'm not interested in an itinerary that has 9 sea days and 2 days in Asia. I'd prefer an itinerary with 9 days in Asia and 2 sea days. When I said I'd love to see a Carnival ship in Asia, I meant that as in on a year round basis. That way they can offer better itineraries to places such as Malaysia, Thailand, and Vietnam, with more days in port and fewer days at sea. Those 15 day itineraries only have two port days in Asia (three if you include embarking/disembarking in Singapore). Princess and Royal Caribbean offer port intensive 3-7 day cruises by having a ship with an Asian home port. I have no doubt those 15 day itineraries appeal to many people. They just don't appeal to me. Thus my answer to the OP's original question. Where would you like to see Carnival go? Put a ship full time in Asia. :)

I didn't know that the gratuities are already included in the price of Carnival Australia cruises, so that's good to know for future reference.

I do agree with you. If I wanted to go on a cruise to experience Asia, I would not pick this itinerary for the reasons you mentioned. With Princess deploying two Grand class ships (Diamond and Sapphire) to Asia, I would most likely choose one of those, or perhaps give Royal Caribbean another try on the Quantum of the Seas.

FWIW - Thailand is a wonderful place to visit on land for a relaxing leisure stay. Many resorts in Phucket and Koh Samui are beautiful and offer very nice amenities.

Edited by Disconnections

I would suggest a 7 day Northbound or Southbound (or 14 days RT) all year. From San Diego to San Francisco to Astoria, OR to Victoria, BC, ending at Vancouver. Or the reverse. Give us something out of SoCal other than Mexico or Hawaii. A route like this would be great for City Explorers.

I do agree with you. If I wanted to go on a cruise to experience Asia, I would not pick this itinerary for the reasons you mentioned. With Princess deploying two Grand class ships (Diamond and Sapphire) to Asia, I would most likely choose one of those, or perhaps give Royal Caribbean another try on the Quantum of the Seas.

FWIW - Thailand is a wonderful place to visit on land for a relaxing leisure stay. Many resorts in Phucket and Koh Samui are beautiful and offer very nice amenities.

I actually just looked at Quantum's itineraries from Shanghai a few days ago. I was expecting them to be pricey, but gheez I was like :eek::eek::eek: when I saw those prices! Add to that the single supplement since I travel solo and a 5 day cruise is up to $2,200. :eek: Hell to the no. I could backpack through China for a month with that kind of money. LOL I'm actually considering a land trip to Thailand & Vietnam, which is why I haven't pulled the trigger on that Princess cruise yet. I need to do a little more research and crunch some more numbers.

I wish Carnival did more 7 day cruises out of the ports near me. I am trying to book for next year the week of October 11, and not finding a ton of 7 nights on the week I can go, and I've already been most of the places they visit. I don't want to go to Nassau or Freeport, and don't really want to do Cozumel. Limited to Baltimore, Jacksonville, Charleston, Port Canaveral, or New Orleans due to driving time with 3 young kids from Indianapolis. And most of those itineraries suck or I've done them before. Oh well, at least I'm on vacation.