Have You Cruised with Anyone Famous?

charlielinda

On RSSC Mariner in March of this year, Patrick Swayze and a large extended group (relatives, kids, friends, etc) were aboard. We didn't see much of him for the first few days, but by the end of the cruise he was hanging out at the pool like everyone else. There was a rumor about that he was considering chartering the ship for some purpose.

On the same trip, the guy who played J. Peterman on Seinfield, and is currently in some commercials advertising insurance I think, was also aboard. Now I have always been a big Patrick Swayze fan, but for the benefit of you ladies, I have to tell you that the Mr. Peterman person is absolutely georgous!! Real eye candy.

That's very interesting since Mr. Swayze and his wife helped Mr. Peterman aka John O'Hurley with his dancing on ABC's "Dancing with the Stars" in which Mr. O'Hurley came in second. I wonder if that's where they met or if they were already working on the dancing.

Anne Maria

Interesting...and O'Hurley can sail with me anytime!

My dh and I were on the Norway, in one the suites with baconies on the back of the ship overlooking the basketball/sports deck. We didn't know it when booking, but it turned out to be a Sports Illustrated cruise with about 100 sports celebrities playing right outside our balcony! We actually had people offering us money, drinks and other unnamable things:eek: to join us!

Many years ago on the Norway, Rita Morena was the featured entertainer. She was terrific - have several pics of her with DH. She would always show up at the late nite buffet and visit with passengers and tell wonderful antedotes about her career. Also met up with her shopping in St. Thomas, and she's a bargain shopper too! A true lady with an amazing sense of humor.

I find that it seems to change the focus of your cruise whenever there is a famous person on board. You tend to look for them, watch what they do, etc.

Years ago, we spent the week between Christmas & New Years at the Divi in Antigua on Dickinson Bay. It was a lovely place, now known as Sandles Antigua. That same week, Shari Belafonte & her husband who was starring at the time on the daily soap opera General Hospital, (Jake ?) and what appeared to be their respective parents were all staying at the hotel. In fact, they had the dinner table directly across from ours for all of their meals. It was REALLY distracting the entire week because we could not stop watching them and listening to their conversations and looking at Shari & the womens fashions !!

They were very friendly & talked to us during every meal... but it was a looooong week. However, the Hotel's New Years eve party was interesting, especially when Shari decided to teach everyone how to do the Electric Slide line dance... the week had its moments.

Ingrid.

Didn't see them on a cruise, but during our honeymoon in Jamaica, the Venus swimwear models were at our resort for a photo shoot. By new husband almost became my ex;) ! We also met a really big guy who played for the San Fransico 49ers (I think) who could eat 3 double cheeseburgers, no problem. Had a great time with him!

Cil, seventy days will whizz by! Heard from Jeff yesterday that Ava is still on H in the Martini Bar. I sure do like her 'tini's! Can't wait to see you guys!

I would LOVE to be on a cruise with the Peterman guy! Thought he was robbed on the dance show!

Archived