Not In The Mood!

karinad

Lots of people would love to have the stress that goes with the cruise planning/preparing, and most will never know that feeling. Embrace it! I thank God we have been blessed enough to travel. Have a wonderful cruise and please report back to let us know how it went!

I'm sure some of my stress of the "what if's" comes from things that happened in the past. 5 yrs. ago we were preparing to take our daughter on a cruise. She suddenly, with no warning, died of a heart attack. Needless to say, no preparation for a vacation comes without that reminder.

I'm sure some of my stress of the "what if's" comes from things that happened in the past. 5 yrs. ago we were preparing to take our daughter on a cruise. She suddenly, with no warning, died of a heart attack. Needless to say, no preparation for a vacation comes without that reminder.

Oh my goodness! I am so sorry! I have situational panic attacks and am very prone to anxiety in situations where I've had distress in the past, so I tend to believe you are correct that the reminder of her loss near the time of a cruise has a lot to do with your pre-cruise blues. What a tragic loss for you and your family. Again, I'm so sorry to hear about your loss. I wish no parent ever had to experience this. Do you mind me asking how old she was?

Oh my goodness! I am so sorry! I have situational panic attacks and am very prone to anxiety in situations where I've had distress in the past, so I tend to believe you are correct that the reminder of her loss near the time of a cruise has a lot to do with your pre-cruise blues. What a tragic loss for you and your family. Again, I'm so sorry to hear about your loss. I wish no parent ever had to experience this. Do you mind me asking how old she was?

Thank you for your sympathy! I find myself still saying it and not believing it's true. She was very excited to be going again. We had he on a Disney Cruise the yr. before. This is life and sad things happen on vacation, but I guess we got to keep going. Looking forward to cruising is what keeps me going through the year. Funny that when it comes so close I have to panic.:confused: