New Chef's Table menu?

Bluemoon319

For the first time ever, I have some OBC on an upcoming cruise. I had been considering using it for the Chef's Table dinner. It seems like a great exerience with some really great food. However, a couple of the coarses did not appeal to me. Carnival has just change the menu for this and I am hoping there won't be anything on it that disagrees with me. $75 is a lot of money to me, even if it is free OBC. I'm trying to find out what's on the new menu before making my decision.

Please, does anyone have a link to it? Thanks bunches

RECEPTION

Mango Sphere, Rosemary Biscuit

*Salmon Tartar Cornets, Sesame Seeds

*Beef Carpaccio on Air Pillow, Chocolate Bacon, Apple Ribbons

Double Cooked Lamb, Tapioca

MENU

Beet Blanket, Spiced Grape Tea

Asparagus, Cauliflower, Honey Carrot Tian, Mache, Lemon Streusel

Crab Stack

Corn Custard, Polenta Cracker, Tangerine, Passion Caviar

*Duck Textures

Creamy Quinoa, Parmesan Churros, Olive Snow, Port Wine Jus

Bisque Our Way

Two Tomatoes, Three Basil, Crisped Brioche, Garlic Chip

Sea Bass

Chorizo Crust, Fried Pop Corn Pudding, Lemon Macaroon, Lobster Foam

Wagyu

Bone Marrow Soufflé, Scallion & Garlic Panisse, Gremolata Crisp

Pastry Chef

Sea Salt Praline Chocolate, Raspberry Mojito, Key Lime Cake,

Apricot Vanilla Gel, Citrus Cream

Found in this thread

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2106703

Can you sign up for this before the cruise or is it something that you sign up for when you get on the ship?

You can sign up for it ahead of time through the steakhouse of the ship. On the website start the transaction to book a night in the steakhouse, but type in CHEF'S TABLE and use the date you board the ship. They don't tell you what night Chef's Table will be until you board.

Edited by LibratPDX

Consider it more than a dinner...it is an experience. Not to mention lots of free flowing champagne and wine. And so that the ladies are not surprised, they ask that you wear closed toed shoes although I'm not sure that I actually did?

You can sign up for it ahead of time through the steakhouse of the ship. On the website start the transaction to book a night in the steakhouse, but type in CHEF'S TABLE and use the date you board the ship. They don't tell you what night Chef's Table will be until you board.

Can you at least request a certain night? This would be a very special treat for me so I would like to do it for my birthday if possible.

Consider it more than a dinner...it is an experience. Not to mention lots of free flowing champagne and wine. And so that the ladies are not surprised, they ask that you wear closed toed shoes although I'm not sure that I actually did?

I don't bring close toed shoes. What then? :eek:

Can you at least request a certain night? This would be a very special treat for me so I would like to do it for my birthday if possible.

Bluemoon - no the night it happens is set by the ship. When we did this on the Dream for our anniversary we had no say in the evening but I believe it was on a Sea Day if memory serves me correctly.

We dined in the actual kitchen which is why the request for closed toe shoes - we walked through the working kitchen so it is a health and safety issue. I brough ballet flats specifically for the Chef's Table - they were cute with my dressier outfit and packed nice and small.

You can send an email to the manager of the Steakhouse. Ex: BRsteakhouse@carnival.com. You want to include number of guest and date of travel. The BR is for Breeze. Just need to know the ship and its two letter abreviation

OR

http://johnhealdsblog.com/ask-john

You can request the chef's table on this blog, just drop down and fill it out, this is what I did and I giot a confirmation email in less than 2 days.

Edited by legion3

You can send an email to the manager of the Steakhouse. Ex: BRsteakhouse@carnival.com. You want to include number of guest and date of travel. The BR is for Breeze. Just need to know the ship and its two letter abreviation

OR

http://johnhealdsblog.com/ask-john

You can request the chef's table on this blog, just drop down and fill it out, this is what I did and I giot a confirmation email in less than 2 days.

Thanks so much. I just sent the request. :)

The last two times I've done Chef's Table it was on a Tuesday night. No, you can't request a certain night like you can for the steakhouse. They put all the requests together and figure out which night(s) it will be. On the Magic they ended up with 2 Chef's Table nights because they had so many requests.

It's recommended but not required..... I've done CT 3 times and never been turned away for wearing my sandals :)

Edited by LibratPDX

The last two times I've done Chef's Table it was on a Tuesday night. No, you can't request a certain night like you can for the steakhouse. They put all the requests together and figure out which night(s) it will be. On the Magic they ended up with 2 Chef's Table nights because they had so many requests.

It's recommended but not required..... I've done CT 3 times and never been turned away for wearing my sandals :)

Just off the Magic Sun. 2 chef table nites 12 ea.

• 7 months later...

I've just found this on the FAQ's for booking Chef's Table - I hope it helps!

Pre-Cruise Reservation Procedures

• Prior to the cruise, guests can send an email to Group Event Planning at: eventplanning@carnival.com.
  • Requests must be submitted no later than 7 days prior to the sail date.
  • The subject line should read ‘Chef’s Table Request’ and the email should include the following information:
    • Names
    • Number of guests attending (children must be 12 years of age and older)
    • Ship and Saildate
    • Booking Number and Cabin Number

[*]Group Event Planning will email the request to the specific ship Maitre d’.

[*]The Maitre d’ will respond directly to the guest if they are able to accommodate the request.

[*]Once onboard, the guest’s Sail & Sign card will be charged

We had the new menu on our sailing late last year, and it was incredible! The best part is that they really go out of their way to make it special for each participant. We had a woman tell the chef (as we're all sitting down to eat... she should have told any of the three people who call your cabin ahead of time that ask if you have any special dietary restrictions or preferences...) that she didn't care much for seafood. A lot of the menu was based around seafood! Somehow the chef managed to have something else put together for her to enjoy during our seafood courses. Her plates looked just as amazing and tasty! In addition, the chef from the Sunshine told us a lot of neat information about how the kitchen staff are hired, the gradual decline and availability of great cooks worldwide, and other insider info. He was very candid with us, so it was great to hear his personal opinions on some topics rather than knowing he was just giving us a schpiel from Carnival HQ.

The unlimited wine and champagne, the attention you receive, and the quality of each dish really made it worth the money for us.

The Chef's table is typically held on certain nights of the cruise (once or twice depending on how many people signed up). You could certainly request it, but it might not be possible.

When we did Chef's table women who did not wear closed toed shoes were sent to their rooms to changed, and we were held up waiting for them because they did not follow the instructions given to us all. I don't know what they would do if you said you had none at all.

We are signed up for Chef's table on our next cruise because it was an amazing experience. I don't drink alcohol and it was still well worth the money. We booked by using the steakhouse reservation form on Carnival, but just writing in "Chef's table" where it asked for the date. They emailed back within the hour.

Edited by skittl1321

It is scheduled for one night but sometimes with enough interest they have it twice. It is an experience for 12 people so not something done every night or upon request.

the tour of the galley requires correct footwear. Safety regulations. They prefer no high heels as you are walking on cushioned surfaces that are subject to spills and such - they don't want mishaps!

I've just found out that the Chef's Tables occur on day when the ship is in port (well for the Fascination it does anyway)

This must be because the Chef is less busy!

Hope that helps!

The chef on our visit to the chef's table on the Triumph said some of the appetizers and courses took one person up to 4 hours to create the 15 servings - they make extras in case one is dropped or otherwise ruined - the presentation is so beautiful and craftsmanship is top notch!

• 2 weeks later...
The chef on our visit to the chef's table on the Triumph said some of the appetizers and courses took one person up to 4 hours to create the 15 servings - they make extras in case one is dropped or otherwise ruined - the presentation is so beautiful and craftsmanship is top notch!

Did they have the new menu on the Triumph?

I'm taking my BF on his 1st cruise next year on the Sunshine and have already booked a night at the Steakhouse but (since I want him to love cruising so want to make this one extra special) am thinking of booking the Chef's Table as well. Where on the steakhouse reservation form do I type in Chef's Table? All I see are First Name, Last Name, Email Address, Booking Number, Ship, Sail Date, Number of Guests Dining, Requested Date, Requested Time. Nowhere else to type anything. :confused: