Jc breakaway cruise director

teseo

That describes every cruise director I have encountered. I think it is a requirement to be like that. You must have an over the top personality otherwise no one will notice you or think you are dull. This is the reason many find the cruise director annoying. I just find them annoyingly funny. I have been on cruises where people hate the cruise director for being so annoying. So I turn on the TV when they play the newlywed game on the TV channel and turn the TV up really really loud, just to annoy my ship mates :)

Agreed.

Let's remember that when a CD is out in public, they are in every sense "performing" for the crowd. The job is what it is.

• 3 weeks later...

Just got home from the Breakaway today and really enjoyed JC. He's a lot of fun, is quite talented, and comes across as genuine, which is not something I can say about the vast majority of CDs I've seen across my 30+ cruises. Thanks JC and staff for an outstanding time!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Cruise Critic Forums mobile app

We just got back today. JC is a great CD. Love watching him dance and he really entertains the crowds. I noticed how he watches will include the small people and the single people that appears too shy to join in. It appeared as if he changed their whole outlook on the cruise once he got them involved.

Two thumbs up for JC.

We are just off the Breakaway. JC was an excellent cruise director. He and his staff did an excellent job keeping everyone involved and entertained. I am not quite sure when he slept! He was everywhere! And I have to agree that JC went out of his way to be sure people were included. I am a "people watcher" and saw quite a few examples of JC spending time doing one on one conversations with cruisers, making them feel included. My husband thought this entertainment crew was one of the best we have had so far.

There is very little personality and he is not very entertaining. I guess I have just been spoiled by some of the best ..like Sinan[emoji4]

Everyone loves Sinan!!! We had JC in place of Sinan on the Gem in November. Of 11. He was very good in his own right. We talked a bit.( I was blogging the trip as the M&G organizer for that trip, and as I've been in media a long time, did short interviews with key crew). He told me he was giving up( at the time) opportunities at home to stay with NCL because he really loved his Job...no matter where it took him. He might just be tired, it happens. I hop you give him another chance. If you get to talk to him tell him Dr Football from the Gem 3 yrs ago sends regards. He and Jenny Lim helped me get something put on the Sea Statue in the Bride observation room( a navy Comm Medal that belonged to my Uncle, a Sea Bee In WW2 and then an officer in the Korean...)..,

Dr Bill(Dr Football)

CWO-4 US Army Aviation Ret....

Retired from solving other People's Problems

CWO-4 US Army Retired/Medical

NSDQ!!!

Edited by DrFootball

I stated this thread and just got off the BA yesterday. I have to say he was just ok IMHO, no bad but not as great as others I had encountered.

He also got off with us yesterday. He is going to his home country Philippines for the holidays.

Thanks everybody for your postings.

• 4 weeks later...
I think Julie is the poorest excuse for an NCL cruise director, unless of course Linda Minnikin is still around.

Linda is with Holland America. I found her very phony, to the point that I sent a memo to Seattle that she needs to learn HAL is a premium cruise line, and needs to get off the PA system (especially when sailing in Alaska). People do not sail in scenic areas to hear babbling about inch of gold sales, bingo, art auctions, yadda yadda yadda. I'd expect that in a sun destination...

Sent from my iPad using Forums