Divina v. Costa Luminosa Carib

neptuno

Anyone sailed Costa carib and MSC? How would you compare? We are considering Costa out of Miami, having sailed MSC five times, twice lately on Divina; will Luminosa bring back that true Italian flair we so loved on Poesia?

Anyone sailed Costa carib and MSC? How would you compare? We are considering Costa out of Miami, having sailed MSC five times, twice lately on Divina; will Luminosa bring back that true Italian flair we so loved on Poesia?

Just our opinion, our experience is both lines in the Med., which is a different animal entirely, and the Divina in the Caribbean, and we see it as Costa is like Carnival, and MSC is like RCL!

(Makes sense since Carnival owns Costa)

Both are good products, so we're not putting down anyone!

MSC ships seem more glamorous, while Costa's were more glitzy!

The MDR was about the same, but MSC's buffet was better!

MSC's shows are superior!

MSC's drink pkges. are better!

Costa's spa pkges' are better!

The Luminosa is smaller then the Divina, about the size of the RCL Radiance class, or NCL Dawn Class, it is a few years older and could show a little more wear and tear!

We'd suggest if you're not a picky person, or loyal to a particular company, go with the best deal at the time you want to cruise, and enjoy! :D

Hope this helped, and didn't make anyone angry!:eek:

PS the Luminosa has a great price right now for a balcony on its Christmas sailing($649.)! The week earlier the Divina has B-1 gty. balconies going for $379.!:eek:

At these prices, isn't it a great problem to have, enjoy whomever you choose!:)

The Divina is much larger than the Poesia. They are both beautiful and we loved sailing on them, but for us Poesia is our personal favorite.

However, any MSC ship is great for me!

I have cruised over 30 times, many lines.

Enjoy whatever you choose.

I have sailed both MSC and Costa in the Caribbean and have had a great time on both. Costa does have a glitzy rather than elegant decor, but both are festive. I like the lasagna better on Costa. I have found that both cruise lines offer a good value wine package. Costa allows you to order and drink your bottles of wine and sparkling water in any bar or dining room on the ship. MSC restricts wine package consumption to the dining room or buffet. In my past sailings with Costa in the Caribbean, there are usually less Americans and more European passengers. A few years ago, I sailed on a 10 day spring break cruise on the Costa Atlantica. On that particular sailing there were less than 400 Americans onboard. It was an amazing cruise with language barriers that led to dining room charades and passengers with the ability to speak multiple languages interpreting for others. I will continue to sail with both cruise lines depending on the itinerary and price for a solo passenger.

I would go with Luminosa . Divina is too big for my taste . Look for best ports and best price.

I've sailed MSC in the Caribbean and elsewhere but not Costa in the Caribbean . From my experience of 4 Costa. Ruise,, yes they have an Italian slant but they also feel Amerivan too. Guess that is the Carnival influence. They have some nice ships e.g the Aralantica and some garish monstrosities e,g Favolosa. Not sure which the Luminosa is like. I definitely prefer MSC but there is not a huge deal of difference between the 2 lines.