Final Payment Due Date Question

INCHARGE

Ok, all of my Cruise Critic experts, I need your help here. I thought final payment due date was 90 days before sailing. I do not play around when it comes to my cruises. I am done with cruise, Air, Transfers, Hotel, and Steak House reservations. My concern is that my friends were told by private TAs that they had until the end of November to make final payment! Our cruise is January 24. Is this correct that private companies can by-pass the Carnival deadlines? I am so worried that they may have been told wrong information, and get cancelled. Please let me know if this is true, because I am worrying myself sick about this. One couple were the ones that lost their cruise last year on the day of sailing, because her husband could not find his passport the morning they were to fly down to Miami. :eek: I do not want anything to happen this year that would prevent them from cruising again. Thank you for any help you may have on this.

I cruise on January 26, and my final payment date is November 27. This is through Carnival.com Hope that helps.

Thanks so much. It must be 60 days prior then? Does it matter how many days the cruise is? Ours is 7 days, but I guess I will relax and not worry about it.

Uh oh, just looking around on Google, it seems like 6 or more days on Carnival is 75 days not 60. They might want to double check with TA. :(

I'm taking an 8-day that leaves on January 25 and my final payment date is November 11. So that is around the 75 day mark.

I've seen some travel websites and TA's offer final payment as close as 30 days prior to sailing.

My guess would be that the agents purchase the cabins, locking in the price and can offer whatever limitations they want as far as due dates go.

Again, that is just my guess but it seems the most reasonable.

I know that on my last cruise I almost booked through a popular travel website and was offered a ton of free things and upgrades, a lowered deposit and later due date.

Ultimately we ended up booking right through Carnival.

Carnival's typical rules show below; however, some of Carnival's recent promotions deviate from this so you'd need to know if you booked under one of those promotions. Some TAs collect final payment a little early to allow time to get the funds to Carnival before the due date.

Cruise Length Deposit Amount Final Payment Due Date

3 nights $100 per person 60 days prior to sailing

4 nights $150 per person 60 days prior to sailing

5 nights $200 per person 60 days prior to sailing

6 & 7 nights $250 per person 75 days prior to sailing

8 nights $300 per person 75 days prior to sailing

10 & 11 nights $400 per person 75 days prior to sailing

Alaska $350 per person 75 days prior to sailing

12, 14 & 16 nights and all Carnival Magic Europe sailings $500 per person 90 days prior to sailing

Thanks so much. It must be 60 days prior then? Does it matter how many days the cruise is? Ours is 7 days, but I guess I will relax and not worry about it.

Is it fair to assume your friends are on your same cruise? If so, it should be 75 days before sailing. Have you seen their paperwork?

There have been several special promotions lately that have final payment dates later than the standard ones. I just had my final payment date for my Dec cruise but my sons payment date for the same cruise isn't until Nov 27 - we booked at different times.

• 4 months later...

I know this is an older thread, but wanted to add an additional question and hoping someone would know the answer...

I was looking at booking Carnival Vista for Dec 2016, it is a Christmas cruise. Would that matter because it is over Christmas and because it is a brand new ship (regarding final payment due)? I actually called Carnival, and they wanted my name, ship, sail date, etc and I just didn't want to sit on the phone and go through all of that right now.

I would love to be able to secure a cabin with a deposit and not have to worry about owing the full payment anytime soon.

I know this is an older thread, but wanted to add an additional question and hoping someone would know the answer...

I was looking at booking Carnival Vista for Dec 2016, it is a Christmas cruise. Would that matter because it is over Christmas and because it is a brand new ship (regarding final payment due)? I actually called Carnival, and they wanted my name, ship, sail date, etc and I just didn't want to sit on the phone and go through all of that right now.

I would love to be able to secure a cabin with a deposit and not have to worry about owing the full payment anytime soon.

Maybe go on Carnival.com & do a mock booking up until they ask for credit card. Click deposit only for amount being paid & the final payment date will show up under the amount of deposit. That is what we have done in the past. That way you know for sure when final payment is due.

I would call and ask both the ta and ccl because the ta could have their own policy and for ccl it can depends how you booked it. I had a deal direct with ccl that was $99 down and full payment 30 days before. So I don't think its the same for everyone, depends on how it was booked

I believe that private companies must be able to allow their clients to pay later because they have already paid Carnival. This would allow them the ability to offer the client more time for final payment. My friends were fine paying later, so it most have been ok. Both couples went through their timeshares.