Decisions Decisions

My husband and I are trying to decide on the next cruise. It will likely be the last one for a while and we want it to be extra special. So far, I have cruised out of Galveston or NOLA and DH has only been out of Galveston. That has been a lot of fun but we want to check out some other itineraries. The two that keep coming up in conversation are Alaska (which would probably not be on a Carnival ship) or the New England / Canada itinerary. I am inclined towards the latter because I like Carnival and because it's in the fall, which is my favorite time to travel anyway. But I hear some amazing things about Alaska and I suspect that DH prefers the idea of that.

So which do y'all prefer and why? And has anyone done Alaska with Carnival?

Thanks!

Edited by LindseyButlerWilson

We sailed NCL Seattle to Alaska and loved it. My DH named it one of our best cruises ever. My review is attached to the signature. Our friends did the extended land/cruise on Celebrity and want to do it again. They felt everything was perfect including a helicopter ride to a glacier. Good luck with choosing.

Im wondering why not Carnival to Alaska? Ive always wanted to cruise there...

The best places to see on the Alaska cruises limit how many ships get to go there, and other cruiselines get in while Carnival has to find other spots to go to. A few years ago, when I was looking, Carnival only got to go to Glacier Bay on 2 of their sailings, while Princess got to go there plenty.

The best places to see on the Alaska cruises limit how many ships get to go there, and other cruiselines get in while Carnival has to find other spots to go to. A few years ago, when I was looking, Carnival only got to go to Glacier Bay on 2 of their sailings, while Princess got to go there plenty.

Oh that makes sense and good reason not to choose Carnival to me as well. Thank you!

My husband and I are trying to decide on the next cruise. It will likely be the last one for a while and we want it to be extra special. So far, I have cruised out of Galveston or NOLA and DH has only been out of Galveston. That has been a lot of fun but we want to check out some other itineraries. The two that keep coming up in conversation are Alaska (which would probably not be on a Carnival ship) or the New England / Canada itinerary. I am inclined towards the latter because I like Carnival and because it's in the fall, which is my favorite time to travel anyway. But I hear some amazing things about Alaska and I suspect that DH prefers the idea of that.

So which do y'all prefer and why? And has anyone done Alaska with Carnival?

Thanks!

While I haven't done either Alaska or New England, I can tell you that New England is just BEAUTIFUL in the fall. Right now Boston is about peak as far as foliage. It was a little early this year due to the dry summer.

While I haven't done either Alaska or New England, I can tell you that New England is just BEAUTIFUL in the fall. Right now Boston is about peak as far as foliage. It was a little early this year due to the dry summer.

That is what I am thinking we should do. I want to do Alaska... eventually, but fall in New England is a dream of mine!