An honest question about space for Divina cruisers

LMaxwell

I am seriously considering a cruise on Divina to Bermuda. It is a rarity for cruises to do a roundtrip from Florida to Bermuda. I don't want to fly to NY to cruise to Bermuda if it can be avoided.

I usually cruise RCI. Except for some small tucked away lounges the ships are generally "free" for all to roam. Their Viking Crown lounges, the ability to pretty much walk top decks from all the way aft to all the way forward; exterior promenade decks (though not all go all the way around).

How much of that would I miss on Divina because of what is allocated to Yacht Club? Does it make a noticeable difference in how much space you seem to have (I would not be traveling YC)? I do love forward views off a ship, anywhere to get that on Divina?

Obviously these aren't make or break points (to a certain extent, though I don't suspect I'll get any "break" sort of answers) as the itinerary is key, the ship otherwise looks beautiful, and I am interested to try something else here and there.

I just got off Divina and had no issue with not being able to access the parts of the ship occupied by the YC. I didn't really notice to be honest. I have sailed many times on EXOS to Bermuda and X summit. I am not one of those people that have to be at the very front of the ship doing the "king of the world" thing either so : )

I recently sailed on the Divina and loved it. I am an easy traveler, I don't need everything! I go for R and R. If anyone in your party has walking issues, I would say this is not a good choice as the ship is huge.

The buffet is very crowded during lunch, go to the aft for better seating.

When we were on the Splendida, we had never heard of the Yacht Club. We did encounter a couple of closed off areas when trying to do a full explore of the whole ship the second day. Other than being momentarily confused, not being able to access those areas had no impact on our enjoyment. It is a huge ship and there were plenty of public spaces to suit our every mood/activity.

April 11, 2015 Maureen.

And again April 2016. Except for the high priced lux lines MSC is the only "mainstream" line to go. RCI did a few runs this year from FL with Vision but the itinerary and days really are not work friendly at all; basically needed 2 full weeks off work for a 10 day cruise.

:)

I am seriously considering a cruise on Divina to Bermuda. It is a rarity for cruises to do a roundtrip from Florida to Bermuda. I don't want to fly to NY to cruise to Bermuda if it can be avoided.

I usually cruise RCI. Except for some small tucked away lounges the ships are generally "free" for all to roam. Their Viking Crown lounges, the ability to pretty much walk top decks from all the way aft to all the way forward; exterior promenade decks (though not all go all the way around).

How much of that would I miss on Divina because of what is allocated to Yacht Club? Does it make a noticeable difference in how much space you seem to have (I would not be traveling YC)? I do love forward views off a ship, anywhere to get that on Divina?

Obviously these aren't make or break points (to a certain extent, though I don't suspect I'll get any "break" sort of answers) as the itinerary is key, the ship otherwise looks beautiful, and I am interested to try something else here and there.

I am Dplus on RCCl, The Oasis and Allure you are not able to walk fully on the ship, there are many areas on all RCCL ships limited to gold card holders, such as the pool, dining areas, theater, and lounges often in the Viking lounge.

for forward views book a forward cabin, the Galaxy lounge (free) when not serving food, and the adult area (fee) ,and gym have views.

this issue was reported by one prolific poster, no one else has reported this an issue.

When is the Divina going to Bermuda? That would be awesome! :)

I have the April 2016 cruise booked. Time in Bermuda to fully enjoy the island turns out to be 1.5 days. Ship arrives at 8pm on a Monday, leaving 12 noon on a Wednesday. Then 1 day in Nassau Bahamas the day before returning to Miami.

I have the April 2016 cruise booked. Time in Bermuda to fully enjoy the island turns out to be 1.5 days. Ship arrives at 8pm on a Monday, leaving 12 noon on a Wednesday. Then 1 day in Nassau Bahamas the day before returning to Miami.

Where did you see the itinerary? When I look at the itin on my TA site for the April 16 cruise I see this one below. On this one it is closer to two full days in Bermuda with Nassau at the beginning. If it is really only the amount of time you said and has Nassau at the end I may skip it. I don't like port days the day before disembarkation and the Bermuda time is too short. We will have a toddler and the kids sail free is a pretty big bonus. RCI wants close to full fare for a toddler although their itinerary from Baltimore on a 6 day would price out about the same as MSC's 7 day. RCI's 7 day is significantly more expensive than their 6 day.

Sat Apr 16 Miami, FL

6:00pm

Sun Apr 17 Nassau, Bahamas 7:00am 3:00pm

Mon Apr 18 At Sea

Tue Apr 19 King's Wharf, Bermuda 10:00am

Wed Apr 20 King's Wharf, Bermuda

Thu Apr 21 King's Wharf, Bermuda

7:00am

Fri Apr 22 At Sea

Sat Apr 23 Miami, FL 8:00am

edit: sorry for wacky formatting

Edited by LMaxwell

:)

I am Dplus on RCCl, The Oasis and Allure you are not able to walk fully on the ship, there are many areas on all RCCL ships limited to gold card holders, such as the pool, dining areas, theater, and lounges often in the Viking lounge.

for forward views book a forward cabin, the Galaxy lounge (free) when not serving food, and the adult area (fee) ,and gym have views.

this issue was reported by one prolific poster, no one else has reported this an issue.

I am D on RCI. I am aware that all of the ships do have areas designed to cater to higher end status guests and / or suite guests, but RCI seems not to have those areas interfere with the general flow of the ship. For instance, on many ships the CL or DL is tucked somewhat out of the way; it's never a venue that compromises say 20% of one deck for 2% of passengers. Suites do get a dedicated section of sun deck but it's miniscule really and it is not anything like the enclave areas on Princess, NCL, MSC.

I guess I should have posed the question from that perspective, of being familiar with RCI and not so much with say NCL or Princess where some of the ships have an enclave area only available for $$$ or high catergory cabins.

I like to roam the ship; am I going to feel confined on Devina even though she is so large?

As for the prolific poster, if it is who I think it is, their super detailed reviews are very helpful. I don't mind that they have an opinion and bias because at least they lay out very clearly from the start what their baseline is for determining their preferences. The photos and layouts and individual room information are beyond reproach. It is sad that other posters attack that person and call in to question the validity of every single thing to the point that the threads disappear. They are deep wells of information in reality.

Edited by LMaxwell

I just came off the Divina on the 18th. Other than a doorway or two that say "Yacht Club Only", you really could go the whole week and not even know what you are missing. If you insist on being on the bow of the ship, you may miss it. Other than that, is has about the same apparent impact as not going to the lower crew decks. Not much is missed. There are so many areas on the ship that you can honestly sit and enjoy your time, and see very few other people.... I was pleasantly surprised.

When is the Divina going to Bermuda? That would be awesome! :)

April 11 ( I am booked on that one) and the 18th. I understand the 18th will have motorcycle clubs on it.

It is 2 days in King's Wharf. You can get public transportation, boat and bus for the price of a one or two day ticket. I have done this in the past. No car rentals in Bermuda.

Where did you see the itinerary? When I look at the itin on my TA site for the April 16 cruise I see this one below. On this one it is closer to two full days in Bermuda with Nassau at the beginning. If it is really only the amount of time you said and has Nassau at the end I may skip it.

I am referencing 2016. You are quoting 2015. That is the difference. :)

I am referencing 2016. You are quoting 2015. That is the difference. :)

I am definitely looking at 2016 on my TA site. 2015 is not an option for us at all. And it also definitely shows Nassau on the second day and not at the end. Why Nassau at all???

As to having my king of the world moment or NEEDING to be at the bow, no; but I do enjoy a nice unimpeded forward view coming in to ports and sometimes while at sea. Not a deal breaker, just curious. Hoping to book this ship sooner or later. my folks were on earlier in the year and greatly enjoyed the entertainment.

The following is what I paid for and what was sent by msg to me.

Also a TA that I use show this schedule as well...The TA also showed your schedule as 2015....im just saying :cool:

What date starts on what you are looking at? Apr 11th or 9th ???

09 Apr 2016

SAT

17:00

Miami, United States

11 Apr 2016

MON

20:00

23:59

King's Wharf, Bermuda

12 Apr 2016

TUE

00:01