Virtual balconies

Sultan84

we are looking at a cruise on the Explorer of the Seas past dry dock. I have read that she will get virtual balcony cabins. At the moment there are only regular inside or promenade view inside cabins on the web-site.

Is there anyone who has been in a virtual bacony and has an opinion?

Also, does Royal usually change all insides to virtual baconies? if not, any idea where on the ship they might be located after the re-fit?

Thanks for your information and opinions on virtual balconies.

we are looking at a cruise on the Explorer of the Seas past dry dock. I have read that she will get virtual balcony cabins. At the moment there are only regular inside or promenade view inside cabins on the web-site.

Is there anyone who has been in a virtual bacony and has an opinion?

Also, does Royal usually change all insides to virtual baconies? if not, any idea where on the ship they might be located after the re-fit?

Thanks for your information and opinions on virtual balconies.

We stayed in a virtual balcony cabin on the Navigator last March. Nice novelty and we very much enjoyed "seeing" outside. Not all inside cabins were converted to virtual balconies on the Navigator. Not sure it will be the same on the Explorer, but thinking it might be since both ships are Voyager class ships.

We hadn't booked this cruise until about 3 weeks prior when a great deal popped up and gave us a chance to stay in a virtual balcony cabin.

We were on deck 9. Maybe you could go and see what cabins are the "J" category cabins on the Navigator. Perhaps it would give you some idea as to which cabins might be converted on the Explorer.

I'm actually wondering how successful they have been. Bottom line is that they have to be able to sell them at a higher price than a regular inside cabin to pay for them.

The Oasis just went through dry dock and none were added to her. Maybe they have not been as successful as they had hoped.

I'm actually wondering how successful they have been. Bottom line is that they have to be able to sell them at a higher price than a regular inside cabin to pay for them.

The Oasis just went through dry dock and none were added to her. Maybe they have not been as successful as they had hoped.

The main reason we chose this virtual balcony cabin was the fare was less than a regular inside cabin! :eek: Lady Luck was on our side. ;) Probably since it was a fairly new novelty at the time, these had not been previously booked. Probably not likely these cabins will be less than an regular inside for future cruises.

We were on the Navigator last May with our daughter and son-in-law. They were in a virtual balcony cabin on deck 10 (1287). They liked being able to "see" what was going on outside and they especially loved the sound of the ocean (with volume control.) :D

While it was nice at times to have that big tv screen on the wall, there were things I did not care about it. It put out heat in the cabin and the love seat was replaced with a single small chair. It was nice to get light in the morning when the sun came up. It helps the interior cabin not feel like you're in a closet. On Navigator only some of the interiors were changed to Virtual Balconies. When they were first booking them, they were nearly as expensive as a real balcony - NO WAY. If it hadn't been for friends in a Jr Suite about 2 doors away, I would have booked a Promenade. I can remember to close my curtains if I'm changing clothes.