RCL Final Payment - Bank Transfer

joll

I personally blame my bank. They are the one that is charging me this fee. RCI are giving me an option to book my trip in AUD and pay it off knowing the AUD price, and my bank did not charge this fee a few years ago, but then they sent out new terms and conditions, and the new fee was in those conditions. It is not just cruising, it has cost me this fee for something else I have purchased outside cruising.

It sounds like different banks are showing different wordings and my advice would be that if you are unsure, give your bank a ring, sit on the phone for as long as it takes, and find out what fees they are charging you. Or download another copy of your terms and conditions of your credit card if you don't keep them filed away when you get them.

The main issue of this thread is really about the bank transfer not being credited to the booking. I hope it gets sorted out real soon.

I cant see why you blame the Banks?

You buy an Australian product/Service in AU dollars and it is paid to a foreign company so you are charged a processing fee because the product/ service is not actually Australian.

If RCI AU was really an Australian company the CC company would not have to charge a possessing fee:)

I cant see why you blame the Banks?

You buy an Australian product/Service in AU dollars and it is paid to a foreign company so you are charged a processing fee because the product/ service is not actually Australian.

If RCI AU was really an Australian company the CC company would not have to charge a possessing fee:)

I blame them because I didn't get charged this fee a couple of years ago when I paid direct to the royalcaribbean.com.au website. RCI Au is a branch, and I know they are not an Australian Company. I get the same fee if I buy Apple items, Amazon items, etc. I choose to avail my self of the services they offer.

It is a fee that goes directly to my bank. I am paying a company (who cares where they are registered in the world) in Aud from my account, and my bank decided to send me a pamphlet saying they would commence charging this fee. That is why I blame my bank.

So this will be my last response to this credit card fee sidebar.

I am looking forward to seeing how Elaine goes with the payment processing.

We paid RC directly on the website in $A and there was no additional charge other than the actual payment - that to me means that my bank did not charge a Int Transaction fee. Others report that the have been charged a fee so that suggests different banks handle the same transaction differently.

Also, would people who wish to reply to the angry ant, please not quote him in your reply. I can see he's screaching like a kilkenny cat but he's muted to me unless you quote him :D Maybe he needs to take up the fags again :)

Yes, I agree, let's hope that Elaine gets her payment sorted.

• 2 weeks later...

Today I received an email from RCL telling me that if I don't pay the remainder of the cruise money owed within 7 days our cruise will be cancelled. In my previous posts you will see that I paid the remaining balance on the 1st of November.I did everything correctly as I have checked and re-checked so before going to my Bank to see if they could be of assistance I rang RCL and spoke to a person that couldn't tell me if I had paid or not so I asked to speak to someone in the Finance Department but I was only put through to a Supervisor who also could not say if I had paid or not but knew the Bank I had sent the payment from and also that even though the money came from my account it was my husband that transferred the money.Very strange. I have been told that I will be contacted within 24 hours with hopefully this problem fixed as I have been promised this before by Royal Caribbean and it never happens.

Regards Elaine.

Sorry to hear you are still having issues with this Elaine. When you say they can see that your husband sent the money even though it came from your account, does that mean he put the remitter as his name? Is he on your booking also?

It should not be taking this long. I hope you have a resolution to this real soon!

If you don't get contact, post it on facebook. There's a social media co-ordinator who can't directly resolve it, but pushes it from another angle.

I did as you suggested Big M and I see I am not the only person this is happening to.

Regards Elaine.

Hi -

Have just started looking at this forum. I am travelling USA, UK, Europe six weeks next year. Locally paid flights, US transatlantic voyage, then car.

I had to pay a cruise deposit in US$, which I did with my CBA MasterCard. I not only received a low exchange rate, but also a FX fee from the bank.

When our currency started to wobble, I went To Aus Post and bought a Multi currency MasterCard travel card and loaded it up with US$, UK pounds and euros at the exchange rate of the day- which was the same as the CBA rate.

When I later used this new MasterCard number to pay the substantial balance of the cruise - it was just debited off my pre purchased dollars and no fees. There are still balances credited on the card which can be used fee free at foreign ATM's for local cash or anywhere that accepts MasterCard.

Worth looking at for the convenience. I do sympathise with other posters admin problems.

I did as you suggested Big M and I see I am not the only person this is happening to.

Regards Elaine.

Hi Elaine, how did you go with this?

When I paid mine last week my account balance was credited within 2 days, same as it always has been, so obviously something very strange going on with yours. Have you tried emailing both of these RCCL payments division email addresses: fit.au@rcclapac.com and also payments.au@rcclapac.com - if you haven't give them a try. I always seem to get a quick response if emailing them directly with a payments question. They have more idea about payments than the customer service staff on the phone.

Hopefully this info isn't needed and you already have it sorted.

Cathy

Hi Elaine, how did you go with this?

When I paid mine last week my account balance was credited within 2 days, same as it always has been, so obviously something very strange going on with yours. Have you tried emailing both of these RCCL payments division email addresses: fit.au@rcclapac.com and also payments.au@rcclapac.com - if you haven't give them a try. I always seem to get a quick response if emailing them directly with a payments question. They have more idea about payments than the customer service staff on the phone.

Hopefully this info isn't needed and you already have it sorted.

Cathy

Hi Cathy,thankyou for your help but I have done all this.The problem is with RCI as I deposited the money in the correct way. The 2 other people that were having the same trouble have had their problems resolved so hopefully I will be next. I have contacted a troubleshooter that works for a travel magazine and he advised me to get a paper trail going but that is difficult when RCI ignores my emails. I have emailed Adam Goldstein regarding my problem so hopefully this might be resolved soon.

Elaine.

I have to pay my balance in January, I am going to pay by credit card. What is wrong with this? We get free travel insurance and our money is safe. Is there a reason way we shouldn't pay by credit card?

I have to pay my balance in January, I am going to pay by credit card. What is wrong with this? We get free travel insurance and our money is safe. Is there a reason way we shouldn't pay by credit card?

The 'problem' is that the vendor (TA or cruiseline) may charge a cc fee of perhaps 2% for using the cc, or the payment may attract a bank fee. This depends on the merchant &/or bank or the particular cc.

We often use a combination of cc & then direct transfer in order to get the best of both worlds ie included travel insurance on the cc & then save on any fees by using direct transfer.

It depends who you are paying, and which bank/financial company you are having your credit card through.

My problem, and it may not relate to what your circumstances are, is that the NAB charges me 3% fee if I pay an overseas company even if it is through a website that ends in .com.au, and the currency is AUD. It can be hard to know if you are paying an overseas company, but for example Royal Caribbean will say that your bank may charge a fee for your payment to them.

Some online TAs and bricks and mortar TAs will be Australian companies and this fee will not be charged by the bank.

So you need to know if your credit card has a "single currency overseas transaction" fee in your terms and conditions. Some don't charge for this.

Read all the small print, and if in doubt, ring your bank. We rang Westpac the other day and they were very helpful in going through our fees on our credit card with them.

Good news at last. 42 days after paying RCI I have finally received documents acknowledging my payment.

I know mistakes happen but it was the lack of communication that bothered me the most. The promises of emails and phone call that were never returned.

Regards Elaine.

Good news at last. 42 days after paying RCI I have finally received documents acknowledging my payment.

I know mistakes happen but it was the lack of communication that bothered me the most. The promises of emails and phone call that were never returned.

Regards Elaine.

Great News! Glad they finally sorted it out for you.