Taxes and Port Charges

mrs201099

I have seen where taxes and port charges vary for exactly the same cabin and cruise date. For instance, for the November 29 RCCI Seranade cruise to the Bahamas, my taxs and port charges for category G were $64 and change, but in looking today, I see the port and tax charges are $91.

I have seen this situation more than once.

Port charges can increase, once you are booked you are locked in, so no increase if they go up. However if you change your reservation, then they will be recharged at the prevailing rate on day of booking. If they go down by cruise time, then you are given an OBC for the difference.

Port charges can increase, once you are booked you are locked in, so no increase if they go up. However if you change your reservation, then they will be recharged at the prevailing rate on day of booking. If they go down by cruise time, then you are given an OBC for the difference.

Mine went down once and I was given a credit on my CC

If you all don't mind me asking, we booked our cruise last month and have our deposit put down for our February sailing. We booked with a TA but would we look on the RCCL a website and that would show us if our port taxes and fees go down?

If port taxes go down after you have booked your cruise, you will receive the difference in the form of an OBC on your SeaPass account. It's handled the same for everyone no matter if you booked with a TA or direct with RCI.

If port taxes go down after you have booked your cruise, you will receive the difference in the form of an OBC on your SeaPass account. It's handled the same for everyone no matter if you booked with a TA or direct with RCI.

Awesome tyvm thats the answer I was looking for.

Or a credit on your credit card.

If you all don't mind me asking, we booked our cruise last month and have our deposit put down for our February sailing. We booked with a TA but would we look on the RCCL a website and that would show us if our port taxes and fees go down?

If you are booked thru a TA your invoice is not on their website, however, you can do a mock booking and see if there's any increase/reduction in taxes & fees.