St Martin - After Gonzalo?

flip_flop_girl

HI - has anyone been to St Martin since the Hurricance last week? My husband and I are flying to the Island on Sunday.

Our usual places to visit are mainly Orient Beach, Grand Case and a lunch at Sunset Bar and Grill.

Any information you have would be very helpful!!

Thanks!

I have a little info - a woman I work with was there during the hurricane! They were staying on the Dutch side at Simpson Bay. Apparently the French side got hit the worst, there was a lot of destruction at Orient Beach. The area near Simpson Bay was starting to get things back in order within a couple days, but there was still much to be done to get back to normal. The beaches in that area should be OK. She did say the Sunset Bar was still there! Not sure about Orient Beach, they only went by there shortly after the storm, so no word on what it might be like now. I'm sure they're all working as quickly as they can to get their businesses back open.

We are staying at Divi Little Bay Resort starting Nov 29 for a week. I just spoke with someone from there and they said they had minor water damage to a few rooms and all amenities were up and running there and nearby. Worst damage, as mentioned, was on the French side. Can't wait!