New screening form to be filled out before you check in

jetskier

CLIA has announced a new protocol for cruiselines to use. This will need to be filled out before you can check-in. Depending on how you answer, you can be referred to a member of the shipboard Medical Staff for a free screening. Once cleared, you will be allowed to check-in.

Here is the PDF file for the Public Health Questionnaire

http://www.mcldet1073.org/boarding%20questions.pdf

thanks for posting this, we leave on Sunday. My 4 year old has had a little cough and I have been worried that they wouldn't let us board if she is coughing while checking in (with all the paranoia). She hasn't had a fever or anything else just stuffy chest

thanks for posting this, we leave on Sunday. My 4 year old has had a little cough and I have been worried that they wouldn't let us board if she is coughing while checking in (with all the paranoia). She hasn't had a fever or anything else just stuffy chest

It would have to be both a fever and a cough which would trigger you seeing the shipboard medical staff for an evaluation.

Dave

We had that questionnaire when we boarded the Paradise on 10/18. It seemed to cause a lot of confusion and I don't know why. The questions were simple and clear.

The questions were simple and clear........... very easy to fill out.... are you SICK ... Yes or No........ took 2 minutes.

The Cruise Industry should make it a STICKY on the forum pages.

• 2 weeks later...

There used to be a similar questionnaire that everyone had to fill out during the embarkation process. I haven't seen one in a few years, though. But the problem with this is that they are working on the honor system. Let's face it, there are selfish, dishonest people who would never check "Yes" to these questions, even if they were running fever that very moment. For this reason, I think this is a waste of time. A more reliable screening would include the use of a no-touch (infrared) method of detecting fever for every person.

We had that questionnaire when we boarded the Paradise on 10/18. It seemed to cause a lot of confusion and I don't know why. The questions were simple and clear.

We filled it out also for our 10/18 cruise out of Long Beach. The form seemed to be just expanded from the Noro one.

While waiting for our ride at the end of the cruise I noticed that the form had been tweaked a bit.

(Long Beach starts check in outside the Dome.)

FWIW Carnival in Long Beach stopped using the Noro form for the past year or so, but Princess in San Pedro still requires them.

Both ports are in Los Angeles County.

Edited by SadieN