Fascination balcony upgrade

Jodi3284

Hello all! I have a question, is anyone familiar with category 8C and the rooms that say they have non converting twin beds? I just got an offer to upgrade our two 6A ocean view rooms in the aft of the ship on Riviera deck to the 8C balcony mid ship Empress deck for $200 apiece. These two balconies are noted with two dots and say beds are non converting but I am getting mixed answers in my searches. There are only 3 people in each room. Any thoughts? TIA

We upgraded from our Oceanview room to a Jr Suite on our Fascination cruise for 250 dollars and I would say it was not worth it at all. We used the balcony for maybe a little over an hour.

It might be because we were only on a four day cruise but we found ourselves spending more time on Serenity as the balconys are small and we only had one sea day.

One word of advice on the balcony's, do not hang your bathingsuit on it overnight. Mine and my son's got donated to the ocean sometime in the middle of the night:p

Ocean donation! LOL oopsie :) We usually stay in interior when we take the whole family as its much cheaper. This time we are just a group of 6 and 3 have never had a balcony room so the price is good for me so they can experience it. I just don't know how I feel about the room, it seems off.... Im sure I will enjoy just as well though. I love coffee on the balcony and the youngest is 6 so I will probably have to be in early with him sometimes and we will enjoy it then :)

Hello all! I have a question, is anyone familiar with category 8C and the rooms that say they have non converting twin beds? I just got an offer to upgrade our two 6A ocean view rooms in the aft of the ship on Riviera deck to the 8C balcony mid ship Empress deck for $200 apiece. These two balconies are noted with two dots and say beds are non converting but I am getting mixed answers in my searches. There are only 3 people in each room. Any thoughts? TIA

The balconys on the Facination are "add ons", so they are not like balconys on the bigger ships.

We are balcony snobs and get them on most all our cruises, but on the Fascination we always get just an Oceanview....

The balconys on the Facination are "add ons", so they are not like balconys on the bigger ships.

We are balcony snobs and get them on most all our cruises, but on the Fascination we always get just an Oceanview....

Is that because of the size of the balcony?

I have had one of the balcony add on cabins on Fascination, right after they added them. The beds can definitely be put together, in fact it is almost the only way to do it and be able to get to the balcony door. Our bed was definitely put together as it was a connecting cabin. So between the balcony door on the outside wall and the connecting door on the adjacent wall, there is no way to split the beds. Not sure if your room will have an upper, but if not and you are relying on a trundle, I am not sure how that would work. Because of the balcony door, there really isnt anywhere to put a third bed. In an ov, we put the three beds in a u shape, but cant do that with a balcony. Hopefully there is an upper for you.

We enjoyed the room and the balcony. I think they are decent size. If you will be in the room with your little one, you will definitely enjoy sitting on the balcony while he/she sleeps.

I will say that the conecting part was terrible. Every time the other people opened their balcony door, the connecting door rattled in its frame. It was loud and was annoying. I guess they didnt think of that when they added the balconies.