Big Caribbean fly cruise discounts

cruisebore

If a cruise has not got flights it still does show up on p&o system, if there are cabins left. I tried to book a last minute ventura a month or so ago. £600 on ventura, booked by a travel agent online one night two days before departure. They contacted me in the morning to say it was a failed booking as p&o had no flights.

It was still listed on p&o website but said it could not get a flight when you went through the booking procedure. So I called them. A very helpful lady checked and all the flights had sold or they had closed the flights due to it being so close to going. But she found us another flight for £50 more.

Edited by Bacardi..

If a cruise has not got flights it still does show up on p&o system, if there are cabins left. I tried to book a last minute ventura a month or so ago. £600 on ventura, booked by a travel agent online one night two days before departure. They contacted me in the morning to say it was a failed booking as p&o had no flights.

It was still listed on p&o website but said it could not get a flight when you went through the booking procedure. So I called them. A very helpful lady checked and all the flights had sold or they had closed the flights due to it being so close to going. But she found us another flight for £50 more.

That's how we book our cruises as cruise only as we prefer to source our own flights, we find this is no problem with most lines but sometimes if P&O still have airline seats left they will only sell the cruise as part of a fly/cruise package and not cruise only.

When we went to book a cruise on Adonia for February 2016, that's 15 months away, we were told there were no flights left on the Gatwick plane. At the moment we are booked to go from Manchester (that's the only choice apart from Gatwick) and on a waitlist for Gatwick. Our TA(who is a cruise expert) is fairly sure that there will be cancellations and we will be able to swap - which would save us money as the Manchester flight is £100 more than Gatwick.

So when it gets near to the final payment date we will either been able to swap to Gatwick or we will have to decide if we want to go from Manchester or change the cruise, which will incur a charge. However, my husband has been thinking about it and maybe Manchester isn't such a bad idea. We live very near Southampton airport. It would take us less time to fly to Manchester than it does to go by car to Gatwick. We always go up the afternoon before to Gatwick and stay in an airport hotel the night before we fly. So we could fly to Manchester and do the same thing. It takes us about 20 mins to drive to Southampton airport and about 2hrs to drive to Gatwick.

So we'll see what happens. Apparently the cruise we are on - the one that ventures into the Amazon is very popular and of course Adonia is very small so the number of flights P&O have chartered are that much smaller than normal and the split between Gatwick and Manchester hasn't really worked. According to our TA P&O expected the take-up from Manchester to be greater than from Gatwick but it hasn't turned out that way.

So we wait and see - I've only been to Manchester once - so maybe it's not such a silly idea to fly up there!

We also live near to Southampton and had to fly from Manchester for our last cruise. The drive there wasn't actually that bad and we booked valet parking which made it 100 times easier once we arrived 😊

It's totally worth the extra miles if it means that you get the cruise that you were after but I must admit that I'm glad to be flying from Gatwick this time! 😎

Sent from my iPhone using Forums