Live review with pics, Equinox, Oct 27, TA Barcelona to Ft. Lauderdale.

cl.klink

Guest USC Traveler

joel....i've sent you two emails but have not heard back. just wondering if i had the correct email address for you? have you received the emails?

joel....i've sent you two emails but have not heard back. just wondering if i had the correct email address for you? have you received the emails?

I'm locked out of that account right now. Give me a day or two though!

- Joel

• 4 months later...
We're taking our first ta cruise from Barcelona to Ft. Lauderdale in October of this year on the RC Allure of the Seas. No idea about the weather and what to pack. I'd love to hear more about your 1 bag packing. Sounds so freeing!

Oh so jealous. You'll have a good time.

One bag travel is under freeing. And, very do-able. Go to one bag dot com. Read it all the way through. Then start planning and experimenting. Come up with your packing list and edit as you try some variations. By next October you should be set!

Remember, the idea is to have items well thought out in an appropriate bag, using s packing list that can accommodate kinda to whatever happens. So, doesn't matter much what weather is. I'm using more or less the same packing list that I posted on this thread around post #116 when I go on a cruise to Alaska this May. Or to LA this weekend. With planning you can have a list and a system that frees you up to travel every time, any time, to anywhere, with one carry on, and that's it.

- Joel

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 2 months later...

Many thanks for a wonderful review of Equinox. We booked the exact same voyage (A transatlantic is so much more than just a "cruise.") last month on our eastbound TA aboard Constellation. It will be my second time on Equinox which quickly earned "favorite ship" status the last time.

I came across this thread during a search for tips on just using a carry-on for the trip in October. Low and behold not only did you have the wonderful packing tips but you were on the very same trip this past year.

Although a bit bleary eyed this morning as I stayed up well into the wee hours reading, I thoroughly enjoyed your review and photos. Thanks and may you enjoy many happy days at sea in the years ahead.

Mike

Many thanks for a wonderful review of Equinox. We booked the exact same voyage (A transatlantic is so much more than just a "cruise.") last month on our eastbound TA aboard Constellation. It will be my second time on Equinox which quickly earned "favorite ship" status the last time.

I came across this thread during a search for tips on just using a carry-on for the trip in October. Low and behold not only did you have the wonderful packing tips but you were on the very same trip this past year.

Although a bit bleary eyed this morning as I stayed up well into the wee hours reading, I thoroughly enjoyed your review and photos. Thanks and may you enjoy many happy days at sea in the years ahead.

Mike

Thanks Mike. Hope you have a great time. Would do that cruise again in a heartbeat. Pack well, and light, and you'll be very happy you did.

- Joel

Interesting that this review just came up. Enjoyed reading it as we were on the same cruise too. Fun to see the photos, and particularly one in the market in Valencia with my husband's head and the top of my hair!

That was our 3rd Equinox journey and 2nd TA, and although we did different tours and had different accommodations than you did, it did bring back a lot of fun memories. So thank you for a nice review. Somehow I missed it back in November.

We, too, set the alarm and woke up in time to view the passing past Gibraltar. We had the perfect view as we had a corner aft cabin. I was also like you and excited to see a new continent!

Intrigued by the one bag packing although it would frustrate me. :D

Interesting that this review just came up. Enjoyed reading it as we were on the same cruise too. Fun to see the photos, and particularly one in the market in Valencia with my husband's head and the top of my hair!

That was our 3rd Equinox journey and 2nd TA, and although we did different tours and had different accommodations than you did, it did bring back a lot of fun memories. So thank you for a nice review. Somehow I missed it back in November.

We, too, set the alarm and woke up in time to view the passing past Gibraltar. We had the perfect view as we had a corner aft cabin. I was also like you and excited to see a new continent!

Intrigued by the one bag packing although it would frustrate me. :D

Cool to have our paths cross digitally!

- Joel